Chapter 11: Meeting Philippe Roache

Robbie watches his sister trying to call Nick to talk to him, but she can't for some reason. 

Audrey: (To person on phone) What do you mean he's not there? A second ago, you told me he was on the other line. Please, it's urgent. I really need to talk to him. Yes, Nick Tatopoulos. (Sighs)

As she talks, Robbie suddenly spots Nick and Eddie with Yuu and Miki about to get in a cab. Audrey also sees them, and she hangs up the phone. She leaves the booth, and walks over to them. Robbie follows her. 

Audrey: You're leaving? 

They both hear her, and give her frowned looks. They continues putting their stuff in the trunk. 

Audrey: Why? Is it 'cause of me? 'Cause of the story?

Nick: Well, what did you think was gonna happen?

Audrey: You never said it was off the record. 

Robbie hits her on her chest for saying that. He mouths at her, "Just apologize to them!". 

Nick: I shouldn't have to, Audrey. You were supposed to be my friend. I trusted you. 

Eddie: Yeah. And now because of you, we just got fired. (To Robbie) Please tell us you were not part of this.

Robbie: No, I wasn't. I didn't know that Audrey was gonna steal your tapes. If I did, I would have stopped her and told you. I swear. 

Eddie looks at him, and sighs as they're almost done putting their stuff in the back.

Audrey: Nick, there's something I have to tell you. Look, I-- I lied to you. I'm not a reporter. 

Nick and Eddie look at her as Yuu and Miki get in the cab. 

Eddie: What do you mean, you're not a reporter? We saw the tag. How can you not be?

Audrey: (To Nick) When we broke up and I first came out to New York, I was so sure I'd make it. But I haven't. That's why I needed the story so bad. I just couldn't tell you I'm a failure. 

Nick sighs as Eddie closes the trunk. Then, he walks closer to her as Eddie and Robbie watch. 

Nick: And you thought that made it ok to steal our tapes?

Eddie: Yeah, to ruin our careers?

Audrey: No. It was a terrible thing to do. I never should've done that. 

They both look at her, seeing that she was hoping that they would forgive her, but they're not gonna to. They're both still upset at what she did. 

Eddie: Looks like we were right. Most people don't change. And you're one of them. 

Nick: Good luck with your new career. I really think you have what it takes. 

They both get in the cab as the driver starts it up. 

Nick: (To driver) Newark Airport. 

The cab drives away. Both Audrey and Robbie watch it go away. He looks at Audrey, and sees that she's crying. 

Audrey: Sorry. 

He sighs at this, and sees that she really feels guilty. He puts his arm around her, and takes her away as they both head back to Animal and Lucy's home. In the cab, both brothers look around the place as Yuu and Miki look at their cards. They're really gonna miss Sora and his friends. Just then, they look ahead, and see the turn-off to the airport, but the driver misses it as he drives straight. 

Eddie: What the? 

Nick: Uh-- Uh-- Hey-- Uh-- (To driver) Ex-- Excuse me, is this the best way to the airport?