Chapter 16: Getting the word out

Animal leads his group through the vent system to find a way out. Animal then hears something as he goes left. Everyone looks at him.

Robbie: What are you doing?

Audrey: Hey, why don't we go this way?

Animal: Shh!

Animal crawls to a vent, and he opens the grate. They see Philippe looking around with his gun in the air. They hear growling in the distance. Then, Philippe hears the elevator's bell dings. He turns around, and sees it opening. He sees popcorn on the ground inside. Then, Nick, Eddie, Yuu, and Miki peak out from the side, and see him.

Nick: It's us. It's us.

Philippe: What happened?

Nick: (Walks to him with the others) They're loose. They're all over the place. We couldn't get out. We couldn't get out.

Eddie: What's your situation?

Philippe: I lost contact with my men. I can only guess they're dead now. 

Yuu: What do we do now?

Then, the vent above starts clattering. And it comes loose, sending Animal, Audrey, Tiffany, and Robbie out of it. They all grunt and groan as they fall out of it. They all lay on the floor. 

Philippe: Who the heck are you? 

Nick: Audrey?

Eddie: Robbie?

Robbie: (Looks up, and sees them) Hey, guys. Funny meeting you here. 

Nick: (Walks to Audrey) Uh, here. 

He helps her up, and Eddie helps up Robbie. Philippe then walks over to Animal. He steps on his camera and kicks it, breaking it. 

Animal: Hey. Hey. Hey! Hey! 

Nick: (To Audrey) All right?

Audrey: Think so. 

Animal: (Stands up) Hey! 

Philippe: No cameras. 

Animal: What? (Walks towards him)

Philippe then points his gun at him. Tiffany gasps in fear, and holds her father close as she hides behind his back. He stops.

Animal: Yeah, alright. Very good. 

Just then, they all hear someone else coming. They turn around, and see Sora and his friends come running through the doors. 

Yuu: Sora? Guys?

Sora: (Sees them) Yuu! Miki! Nick! Eddie!

They all run to them. They all greet each other. 

Kai: You guys got here. Looks like you were right, Nick and Eddie. 

Eddie: Yep. 

Sae: (Looks at Philippe) Who's this?

Weiss: (Looks at him) Wait. Didn't we see you before? 

Philippe: Yes, you have. And I saw you all before.

Winter: Yeah, you were that guy we saw on the beach. Nick, the creatures are all fully hatched.

Nick: We know. 

Philippe: Do you have a radio or walkie-talkie? Anything we can use to contact the outside?

Sora: Yeah. I'll contact Hicks to let him know we found the nest. (Talks on his radio) Hicks, this is Sora. Do you read? (Static) Hicks, do you copy? Can you hear me?