chapter nine - goodbye

When I regain my senses I start feeling the same smell you would feel in a garage

When I regain my senses I start feeling the same smell you would feel in a garage. The more I focus, the more smells I caught. I open my eyes, groaning in pain.

I try to move but I'm tied to a chair. Great.

I start to try to wiggle out of it but fail. I'm ready to try and break the chair when a familiar voice comes from behind me.

"I wouldn't do that if I was you." The motherfucker says making me clench my jaw and look at him with pure anger in my eyes. "I told you I would find you."

"You can't break me, Rawlins." I tell him and he scoffs.

"We'll see about that." He puts his hands behind his back. "The offer I made you is still up."

I laugh at his words. "I already told you I don't work for man."

"You seemed to be doing pretty well working for Billy Russo."

"So that I could shoot him dead." I say through clenched teeth.

"What you failed on doing." He reminds me. "You see, from where I'm standing, you have two options, be tortured to death, or work for me."

"Hit me with your best shot, one-eyed fucker." I tease and he chuckles at my words. "Am I amusing you?"

"I'm not doing anything." He gives me a small smile. "He is." He nods behind me and I start hearing steps coming my way.

Billy gets on Rawlins' side and my expression changes from a confident one to a hurt one.

"You're killing me, Billy?" I try to get myself back together but fail miserably.

"If you don't tell me what I want to know." He says lowly and I scoff softly.

"I thought you liked me." I smirk and Rawlins looks at him.

"I don't." Billy says coldly.

As much as I would like to stay it didn't hurt me, it did. His words felt like a knife. I had hurt him bad. I deserved it.

"Okay." I mutter softly. "What do you want to know?"

"Where's Juliet Ross?"

"I don't know." I say right away.

"Eve Justice. Where's she?"

"I don't know." I repeat and he breathes out.

Billy looks at his boss and they walk a few steps away from me. After a while, Billy comes back, alone this time.

"What happened? You're shy?" I tease and he bows so that his eyes could be at mine's height.

"I don't wanna hurt you, but come on, you gonna help me out, here." He says and I look at him, not knowing if he was telling the truth.

"I don't know where they are, Billy." I tell him and he looks down for a sec. "They're not here. We didn't tell each other where we would be hiding in case this happened. Just let go."

"I can't do that, Scarl-Stacy."

"I never meant to hurt you." I say and he clenches his jaw. "I'm really sorry, Billy."

He doesn't reply and I can't tell what he's thinking about. I can tell he's conflicted by the way his glanced changed from me to the hallway.

"If I let you go..." He starts saying. "You need to vanish."

"I'll try my best."

"That's not good enough."

"Let me go and you'll never see me again." I look into his eyes. "That's what you want right? For me to get off your life?"

He doesn't reply, instead, he cuts a bit of the rope on my wrist and walks away, I suppose to call Rawlins.

I start forcing my wrist out of the rope and when I do it, I'm able to untie my right hand and then my feet.

I ran out of the room as fast as I can, not before grabbing a knife from the table. I run through hallways and hallways, trying to find the way to the door.

"Stop!" Someone screams at me when I finally find the door.

I turn around, throwing the knife, sticking it into the man's chest. Billy's on his side, but he doesn't try to stop me from running away.

"Goodbye, Billy." I say looking into his eyes and turning back around, opening the door harshly and running as fast as I can.