1.4

"work"

.

Misun quickly puts on the apron she was given in the bathroom, her hair was already in a pony tail so she just leaves it as it is.

she walks out to the counter, as she silently watched Jungwon who is organizing the breads and pastries in the right place.

"Uh, jungwon? Could you give me a brief explanation of what I need to do?" Misun asks from the counter as she awkwardly stands there.

He stops what he's doing and goes towards her.

Theres no way Misun can avoid him and stick to her plan anymore, they just work together and that's that.

not friends, but acquaintances who work with one another.

he leans on the counter while explaining all the basic things to her, "You're here to help out so just do what I tell you. When a customer comes in, they'll bring their items and you can scan it, simple. If they want more of the specials or something specially baked for them, just let me know."

she laughs a little from his hand gestures when he's explaining.

"what?" he says

"nothing." she quickly says.

he points to everything and helps her work the register, she silently nods and listens to every piece of information shes told.

it's not really an actual job anyway, just getting payed to help out whenever she can.

from then on, Jungwon would ask her to do little things from time to time. He's also try to make small talk which Misun tried to avoid. She'd obediently listen to him whenever he asked her to do small favours like, handing him things, putting a sign up, cleaning etc.

after hours of looking out the window hoping a person comes in and dusting every corner of each chair and table to at least help in the smallest way, she slowly started to feel drowsy after waiting patiently for so long.

it just opened so it wasn't surprising that no costumers would come today.

She sits on the chair from behind while resting her head on the counter.

It was already 6:00 and the sun starts going down earlier than usual since its winter.

She could've gone home whenever, but just decided to stay at the bakery since home wasn't the place she wanted to spend her afternoon in.

"Misun could you hand me those tongs i gave you earlier?" jungwon says while fixing the self serve donut section.

no reply.

he looks to the counter form across the room.

"Misun?" he repeats, only her head of hair on the counter could be seen.

He walks towards her and sees Misun sleeping peacefully on the counter with her phone laying, screen facing up on the counter as well.

He stands across the counter where customers would usually stand, he kneels on the floor, tall enough to reach while he also leans on the counter while looking at her.