2.7

.

"she never liked me. she probably liked how i looked at first but i know she didn't have any serious feelings toward me..." jungwon sighs

misun looks to the floor as she slowly understands the situation.

"and i don't like you because of soyeon, i've always liked you."

"i liked the person i was texting and how easy-going they were. was it possible to feel that comfortable with someone through the phone? i thought that every night."

"and every time i was around you, you gave me that same comfort."

he exhales deeply after letting it all out.

misun doesn't know what to say, her face speaks for her as they tint her cheeks pink. but it's hard to notice if she's blushing because of the snow, or his words.

jungwon takes a step closer to her.

"even though you still have me blocked, the messages are still there."

misun looks up at him.

he continues, "i read them time to time."

what's she supposed to say? she's still not used to all these butterflies the boy gives her.

this time she knows she can't keep her word for not believing his feelings for her.

jungwon takes her hand gently, "i like you whether you believe me or not."

he says it as if he read her mind.

she accepts his warm hand as well.

she nods, "i liked you too."

past tense?

he tilts his head, "really?"

she nods again.

but really, she does like him.

afraid to admit it, she has been thinking about what it'd be like if they could confess mutually without having any obstacles in their way.

she was cold but she's hiding it.

she likes him, but she's hiding it.

he can't tell but before she almost freezes to death, he suddenly wraps her in his embrace.

"liked?" he asks

"liked." she repeats.

he's not complaining, he wished he knew sooner though.

"when?" he asks again.

her voice is muffled from his puffy jacket, "when i texted you, and when we worked together." she smiles

he feels her smile form through his jacket, which causes him to laugh.

"why are you laughing!" she says, while laughing as well.