3.0

"sick"

"Where have you been?" the woman says with her arms crossed, a rolled sheet of paper in her hand.

It's my mom, and her face does not look like she's in the greatest mood.

"Just hanging out." i say nonchalantly before passing through her to go inside.

"Hanging out? So you think hanging out is more important than your grades?"

I stand still, unsure of what to say. I'm in trouble.

"What's up with you, huh? First, you had your eyes glued on that phone and smiling like an idiot. And now, you've been coming home late?" she raises her voice, "Grandma even says you haven't been coming to help out at the bakery anymore." she scoffs.

I clench my fist, I don't want to talk back. She has a right to be mad.

"Why aren't you saying anything?? Don't tell me you have a girlfriend now." she yells

I turn around angrily, "So what if I do? It's none of your business." i spat.

My grandma looks at us from the living room, "that's enough..."

My mom ignores her and proceeds looks at me with wide eyes then, gives me that 'oh really?' look.

shit, i'm scared.

"fine." she unrolls the papers and walks towards me before aggressively giving it to me.

"You can hang out with your girlfriend all you want, but if I don't see those grades go up, your taking cram school." she says as she passes by.

My eyes grow wide, "What-"

She cuts me off, "it's unbelievable how a 95 average drops to a 60 in less than a month." (this is inaccurate my bad)

I feel angry tears coming out, but i hold them in.

she turns to me one more time, "jungwon."

i look up at her with watery eyes.

"please, just do well on your exam." she finishes then goes to the kitchen.

i go up to my room and close the door, once it's shut, my tears finally fall.

Jungwon, you're such a softie.

I wipe them and quickly change before going to bed.

i stare at the ceiling, just thinking, tears still running. i close my eyes shut but i just can't sleep.

I take my phone out and check the time, 9:45.

it's not even that late.

my sniffling wont stop.

i go to my contacts and call misun, she's finally unblocked me.

she picks up, "..hello?" she says, her voice got a lot more strange, or maybe it's just the audio quality.

she's sniffling as well.

i started smiling, just from her voice.

"jungwon? why are you calling..?" she asks.

"I don't know." i reply.

she sighs, "okay, well i'm trying to sleep, so i'll hangup now."

"wait!" i stop her.

"what?"

"let's sleep together." i say, a grin forming on my face, as well as a red tint on my cheeks.