Chapter 8 - Second Thoughts

*The next morning*

Mary Jenkins's POV

I woke up feeling like a bag of shit. My head was hurting real bad from the hungover. I rubbed my forehead in anguish and then I flipped around to another side and that was when my heart lurched in shock at the sight of Nick sleeping next to me! He was freaking topless with the sheets covering over his bottom.

Oh my gosh! Why is he topless?! What happened last night?

I quickly examined myself underneath the sheets. To my horror, I was down to nothing but just my panty. I rolled off the bed and ended up tumbling onto the floor.

Oh shit! He better not wake up!

I popped my head up and let out a sigh of relief when he was still sleeping. I quickly rummaged for my clothes as discreetly as I could and put them back on with my heart racing with fear. As soon as I had my clothes on, I crept out of the room immediately.

As I made my way out of the hotel, I smacked my head repeatedly with my hands at the foolish act I had probably committed myself to last night.

Wasn't that supposed to be a dream? Did Nick and I really had sex?!

Thank god, today is a Saturday and I don't have to face Nick at work at least.

*A few hours later*

"Mary~! I need you to send this pie right now over to the Allen's house. Quit being a hermit, you have been up in your room for hours!" My mother, Pamela, shouted across to my room.

I opened the door of my room and walked out to my mother as I pleaded to her, "Mummy... please... not today... just not today."

"Quit being lazy and get your ass there right now!" My mother commanded me sternly.

I sighed heavily as I took the pie in my hands with much reluctance.

Our family has always been in a close-knitted relationship with the Allen's family as both my father and Nick's father, Ted Allen, were partners in the police force. They were good friends to each other, always looking out for one another and that is why we lived right next to each other. When my father died, Uncle Ted has helped to take care of my mother and me and so Nick's family was just like my family too.

I hesitated for the first time as I stood before Nick's house, thinking hard if I should press on the door bell or scram off at this moment.

But then again, I would be screwed by my mom if the pie wasn't delivered to them. Either way, I will be screwed, I might as well face it now.

I squinted my eyes hard as I pressed onto the doorbell to Nick's house, praying hard that it wouldn't be him answering the door.

"Coming~!" Uncle Ted's voice came through the door.

I heaved a heavy sigh of relief when Uncle Ted was the door who opened the door.

"Aww... Look who do we have here, our beautiful sweetheart Mary," The burly Uncle Ted received me with his warm welcome as usual.

"Hi Uncle Ted, my mom just made a pie and she wanted you and your family to have it," I smiled.

"That's real nice of Pam, I'm already drooling. Send my thanks to her please." Uncle Ted took over the pie from me.

"Sure, you're welcome!" I chirped and I couldn't wait to jet my way back home upon completing my mission.

"Oh Mary, please come on in, I need a little help from you here," Uncle Ted stopped me from leaving as he gestured me in.