Chapter 17 - Subdued

Nicholas Allen's POV

"Where is she?!" I banged my fists against the table in frustration. The fact that I have gone out of all possible clues to trace her whereabouts yanked my heart with fear that I will lose her forever.

My team has been working tirelessly throughout the night ever since I realised Mary went missing from her hotel room with very obvious signs of being forcefully removed from there.

"Sir, we have checked all the security camera tapes in the hotel that you have asked for, none of them had any recordings during the timing of the incident. Seems like someone had tampered with the system before the incident," Cheryl bit her lips and revealed heavily to me.

It hits me in the guts at this point that I have become so helpless. I have failed to protect her once again. I have failed her...

Mary... just where are you now?

Phantom's POV

Now that Anna is gone, I could finally get the next phase of my plan carried out to get Mary out of here safely.

I got changed back into my clothes last night and got Andre to whip a punch on me just so my injuries looked real enough to convince her that I was captured by Phantom.

Mary Jenkins's POV

I was woken up by a subtle clicking sound that came through from the door. I stared nervously at the door, not knowing what is to come until the subdued sound of the deadbolt being unlocked became audible as Leo came flinging the door open.

"Leo!" I cracked my dry voice as my whole world lit up with hope upon the sight of him.

"Shhh...." Leo gestured me to quieten down as he crept over to my side.

"Are you alright, Mary?" He whispered anxiously at me as he untied me from the chair.

"Yea, I am, what about you?!" I whispered back to him, equally worried about him as I held his face up in my hands and examined him from head to toe in fluster.

He cracked a smile and assured me, "I'm okay, don't worry."

"How did you managed to escape your way here?" I asked curiously.

"That's something I will fill you up later, let's just get out of here right now," He said to me.

My icy hand warmed up in his large manly hand when he held mine as he led me out of the caged basement.

Safe and warm in his hand as our fingers interlocked with each other.

I was surprised at how unguarded the place when Leo finally led me out of the dark to a posh looking car.

My goodness... just how many posh-looking cars does this man has?

"That's your car?" I gasped.

"I stole it from Phantom of course," He replied with indifference and then hurried me as he scooted over to the driver's seat, "Get in now!"

He already started driving off before I could even get my seat belt buckled. The inertia force jerked me back against the seat as I held on to the handle tightly.

"Darn it, they are behind us," Leo cursed as his eyes shifted onto the rearview mirror before focusing back on the road again.

I turned around and realised multiple black cars were fiercely chasing after us.

Leo thrust on the accelerator and shifted gears in a steadfast manner that got us drifting in serves with a loud screech as we sped down the meandering bands of the road. My heart lurched along with every toss and bump of my body against the seat, falling no shorts of squeals while Leo, on the other hand, had no lack of his suave moments as he remained steadily sharp on the road.