Chapter Fifteen

She showered and got ready by 6:15 in the morning. Her dad insisted that she eat something before going. So she had a sandwich and coffee and was ready to go. Dustin came at 6:50 and rang the bell.

Jade rushed to open. "Hi, I'm ready," she said excitedly, taking him in. He looked so good in a pair of blue denims that hugged his thick legs. A black tee shirt with a leather jacket made him look like a bad boy out on a forbidden adventure. His dark brown eyes shone with excitement and his eyes took in her wholly, from head to foot and back up. 

"Hey, you're looking too gorgeous for your own good," he remarked only for her ears though, with a wink. He sauntered  through into her living room to greet her dad. 

"Good morning uncle Chris. Can I take Jade out for the day?" He asked politely with his hands fidgeting behind his back.

"You already are, young man. Just take care of her. I'm sure you will," her dad said with a smile.

"Yes, uncle Chris.  I will. Rest assured and we will return on time," he promised. 

"God bless you. Off you go, then. Enjoy," said her dad, picking up his newspaper. 

"Thank you uncle," said Dustin happily. 

Jade kissed her dad's cheek."Bye dad, thank you," she said and her dad patted her head indulgently. 

They went out and climbed onto Dustin's Ford F-150.  He switched on the ignition and manoeuvred it out of her driveway onto the road.

"Now tell me where we're going," she asked, turning sideways towards him.

He smirked. "Not so easily. You escaped the deal yesterday. Kiss me if you want to know," he negotiated again. 

She rolled her eyes. He was still stuck on that note? "How can I?" She asked and he simply shrugged. 

"Ok, you win. When we cross Travis Springs?" She asked him, shyly. 

His grin widened as if he won a prize. "Sure," he agreed. "Are you carrying a swimsuit?" He asked, with another glint in his eyes. 

"Yeah, I'm wearing my bikini," she said, suspiciously. Why was he harping on it? So, they were going near a waterbody.

"That's even better. I can't wait to see you in it," he said excitedly. Jade rolled her eyes. Men! So they weren't going near the water or what? Did he just want her to parade in her bikini? 

They crossed the marketplace and headed towards the highway. "How far is this place?" She asked. 

"Ohno, you don't get any hint. First my kiss," he said, shaking his head and driving around the bend and heading south-west. She stomped her foot in frustration. Dustin simply grinned wickedly knowing very well how frustrated she was feeling.

Jade took in the scenery as they crossed Travis Springs and headed towards the suburbs. "We've crossed Travis Springs," he informed her.

"Oh," she said, her cheeks turning red. 

Dustin looked around for a place to park the truck. He'd been going crazy since last night. He needed a kiss. It was his only medicine. 

At last he found an ideal place. He diverted the truck off the highway onto a narrow deserted trail. After driving a little, he parked the truck beside a pecan tree. Switching off the ignition, he turned towards her,"Kiss me, now," he demanded, looking at her with the same dark, desire filled eyes and erratic breathing. 

She leaned forward and was about to kiss his cheek, when he turned his head towards her,"A kiss on the cheek doesn't count. Only on the lips count," he said in a raspy, desire filled voice.

Jade rolled her eyes. He lost his patience and simply unbuckled her seat belt and pulled her onto his lap, straddling her facing him. He inhaled her deeply. "You smell so good," he said, his face near her neck. 

He leaned and grazed her neck in a feather light kiss, inhaling more. Jade trembled, her nipples standing erect through the soft bikini top that she was wearing underneath her tee shirt. Her hands went up to caress his soft hair. It went up in a mohawk when she brushed it with her fingers. A soft chuckle escaped her. 

"What are you doing with my hair, baby?" He asked, looking at himself in the mirror with horror. "Ugh," he pouted.

She fixed his hair and it flopped over his forehead making him look like a cute little boy. Again a chuckle escaped her and he frowned. She got down from his lap, and burst out laughing, seeing his hair. He looked at the mirror and brought out a comb from his pocket. After combing himself to his satisfaction, he glared at her. 

"You will be punished for this, just you wait," he threatened in mock disapproval and Jade grinned. 

He started the ignition and drove onto the main highway again. "So my kiss stays pending. And the deal is renewed. Three kisses are due now," he said, with a smirk, happy with the deal.

"How three?" She asked with wide eyes.

"First, for fixing your car, second is for telling you where we're going and the third for messing my hair," he informed with a mischievous grin.

"Oh, I don't need you to tell me where we're going, so that means you get only 
two," she said, with a grin.

"Fine, give me two. Then there's the punishment you will get," he said, with a smirk.

Jade rolled her eyes and looked out of the window. "Remind me why I even love you," she mumbled. 

"You just do since I'm irresistible, " he said, smiling widely.

"I'm more," she stated, giving him a dirty glance.

"That you are. You don't know what I do to you in my dreams," he said, smirking.

"I don't want to hear," she covered her ears and he laughed. 

"Don't listen. You can watch when we do it," he said, leaning a little towards her.

"Shut up or or I won't kiss you," she threatened. 

"I will make you kiss me, darling," he said as they turned onto a side trail, narrower than the highway but in good condition. 

"This is it? We've reached? Yay," said Jade excitedly looking around. It was a deserted trail amidst lots of trees and shrubs. After driving through a little distance they  could hear, the sound of herons, egrets and woodpeckers and kingfishers. The splashing sound of water could be distinctly heard too. 

In another three minutes, they could see a huge water body filled up to the brim with water shimmering from the sun's rays reflected upon it. All sorts of birds flew around the tall pecan trees surrounding the area. Lush green grassy banks made it a picture perfect place. 

Jade gasped at the beauty of it all. "It's heavenly, Dustin. Where are we?" She asked, her eyes wide with wonder. 

"This is the Travis Bayou, fed by the Travis river. It's a popular paddling trail here. Migratory birds come here during Spring and Winter," he informed her.

"So are we camping here?" She asked looking around.

"No, have patience," he said driving on along the bayou till they reached a loop. They moved along it towards the furthest side and deviated towards a smaller stream. It led to a small lake. The grassy slopes housed a small log cabin. The place was almost covered with tall pecan trees creating a secluded heaven.

"This is the most beautiful place on earth," she gasped, as he stopped the truck beside the cabin and helped her out. 

She walked towards the lake and inhaled the fresh air filled with the smell of ripe pecans. "What's this place  called?" She asked, closing her eyes at the tranquillity of the air.

"Welcome to Pecan Creek," he said,"It's ours."