Chapter Twenty

The next day Jade was busy at home, helping Stella with the food. She had already informed her dad about their engagement. She told him that Dustin would attend the get together to announce their engagement to the whole family. 

She had gone to the restaurant to work but came home early to help prepare dinner. By evening all the work was done. She showered and put on a beautiful sleeveless black crepe dress with an a-line silhouette and small pleats on the skirt. Leaving her hair untied, she went downstairs to give last minute finishing touches to everything. 

Karen and Jayson came in with their twins. Jade greeted all of them and the kids jumped on her. "Give me a kiss first Ray and Val, only then you get my special cookies," she said to the twins who started demanding her cookies the moment they entered. 

"There they start again," said Karen,"They've been at it the whole way here," she said, rolling her eyes.

The twins kissed Jade and received a small goodie bag full of her special cookies that she learnt from granny. When the kids were gone, Jaden and Rosalie came in with their twins, Andrea and Jace. 

Their dad came out of his room and hugged everyone. The four year old twins rushed to their grandpa to show him their new action figures. 

Dustin came in shyly and Jade went to greet him. She placed her hand possessively in the crook of his arm and led him inside. Everyone gave them knowing glances. Rosalie grinned and came towards them.

"I can see that you two are together now," she commented with a grin.

"Yes Rosalie, all credit goes to you,"Jade said, with a grateful smile. Then she turned to Dustin and introduced her,"Dustin, meet Rosalie, Jaden's wife. It's because of her that we are together. When I told her of your imprisonment, she convinced Jaden and Jayson to reopen your case to make me happy," said Jade, happily. 

"Hi Rosalie, thanks for everything that you've done for me and for us," he thanked her sincerely.

"Oh, it's nothing. I'm glad that you both are together," said Rosalie. 

Juliette and Xavion came in with their sons Xandros and Alexander and hugged Jade excitedly. "Are you getting hitched?" She whispered and Jade nodded. She introduced Dustin to them. After a little chat, Dustin went forward to greet her dad and two brothers and Xavion. Juliette, Jade and Rosalie went to Karen to catch up on the latest gossip. 

Afterwards, they laid the table and summoned everyone to dinner. Her dad addressed everyone as was the ritual every time they gathered. 

"Thank you for making it here tonight, children. I look forward to these moments with all of you throughout the month. It's the only time when the whole family gets to bond together. This month we have a special person with us, he's already a part of our family. He's also the son of a very dear childhood friend of mine. Everyone, meet Dustin Moore. He's also Jaden's classmate in school. Dustin has an announcement to make. So, thank you for being there for my Jade, Dustin. Go ahead and announce your engagement," said Christopher Meyers. 

Dustin smiled at his uncle Chris,"Thank you uncle Chris. It's actually an honour to be sitting here with all of you. We have already bonded in the last 2 hours that we spend together, today. You already know now that Jade and I love each other profoundly. We have gone through many ups and downs and at last are together. We just got engaged last night. We are pleased to announce that we plan to get married in a fortnight," Dustin announced and everyone congratulated them. 

They all started planning their wedding while enjoying the sumptuous meal that Stella and Jade had prepared. 

Dustin's house would be ready in 10 days as they have started working overtime on it. They planned to have the wedding ceremony under the gazebo as planned. 

The reception would take place in their dad's backyard like always. The guest list was drawn up and their dad called the same wedding planner who planned all their weddings perfectly. 

So the dinner ended on an excited note and everyone promised to coordinate their outfits. 

"Rosalie, will you be my matron of honour?" Asked Jade and Rosalie grinned.

"I thought you'd never ask," she said, teasing her.

So, Juliette and Karen would be her bridesmaids while the children would be the ring bearers and flower girls. They all planned to goto Brittany's boutique to get their wedding dresses stitched. 

A week flew by and their wedding dresses were ready. The decorations were still going on. Granny and Jade regularly visited their new home. In 2 days, the work would be over and they could shift. Jade went to work in the restaurant everyday. She was happy with her decision to join her family's business. 

Dustin received a lump sum compensation package from the government and he was happy. He would have the renovation and construction work started after the wedding. 

They would retain the apartment at the backside in case granny wanted to rest while working in the kitchen. They could relax and take a lunch break there. 

The wedding preparations were all done and the day of the wedding approached. Dustin's house was ready to move in and he was staying the night at his new house to arrange the stuff. Granny would shift by tomorrow.The wedding was in two days and she was excited as ever. 

Her dad was in Austin to get some stuff for the wedding and stayed over at Juliette's house. He would arrive with them tomorrow morning. 

Jade locked her house and went over to Dustin's house to check whether he needed help in arranging things. She pressed the doorbell and waited. When no one opened, she again pressed the doorbell and was about to return to her house, when the door opened. She was pulled inside hurriedly and the door locked. 

She gasped at the sight of Dustin wearing only a towel around himself. "Sorry, you were taking a shower?I'll come back later," she said, turning to open the door and disappear.

"Oh no, you don't get to run away this time, baby," he said in a raspy tone. She looked at him curiously. What was wrong with him? One look at him filled her with a deep seated longing to be in his arms, to love and be loved.

He pulled her into his arms, harshly, and lowering his head, captured her lips in a wild kiss. His hungry mouth, bit, tasted, sucked her mouth, plundering it's sweet depths. Her hands caressed his hard torso and he hissed at her feather soft touches.

Breaking the kiss, he picked her up and walked away to their bedroom. She kissed his neck and he groaned. "Do you realise what you're starting Jade?" He breathed. 

"Yes," said Jade, longingly. 

"Are you ready for me? I can't control this time," he confessed.