Chapter Seventeen

Jade held his face tenderly with both hands and gave a small peck on his lips. He pulled her close to his chest and angled her head and claimed her lips in a possessive kiss. It was a wild kiss, as if he dreamed about it the whole day. Maybe he had. Since the night before he had been asking for it. She kissed him back and he groaned with pleasure. 

He pressed his body against hers as he kissed her more passionately. When he finally broke the kiss, he closed his eyes to steady his breath. Then resting his forehead against hers, he uttered the words that she had been craving to hear for the last eight years, "My jade, my love, my life." She was overwhelmed with emotions at his simple six words. 

Before she could calm her nerves, he suddenly left her and stood with his back towards her. She looked at his back with concern. What did she do now? Did she do something to hurt him? "Dustin, have I done something to hurt you?" She asked, touching his shoulder. 

His sharp intake of breath as he removed her hand confused her further. He slowly turned around. His breathing erratic, his pupils dilated and dark just like storm clouds. She could see his massive arousal hardly contained by his swimming trunks. She blushed furiously and lowered her lashes, not knowing what to do. "Are you ok?" She whispered.

"No, I'm not ok. I want to make love to you. I want to taste you. I want to be inside you. I'm tired of my dreams. They're driving me crazy, Jade. Are you ready for me?" He asked with a tortured look full of longing. 

She was dumbfounded by his statement. She couldn't utter a single word. No one ever loved her or wanted her this way before. Was she ready for him? Maybe not yet. How would she tell him that? She didn't want to hurt him.

He took her quietness as a no. "Then give me a moment to calm myself please. I love you, I can wait for you. But once I get a taste of you, I won't stop. I will have you as and when I please," he said, turning away from her. "You can take a shower. I'll get your clothes." He added and disappeared out of the bathroom. 

He returned with a body wash, her clothes and her backpack. "Here, " he said, handing them to her.

"Thank you, " she said and he nodded, leaving her and going to the kitchen. 

Dustin felt happy that he could tell her that he loved her. He wanted to sing and dance with joy. He put on his denims and went out to catch a fish. 

After fifteen minutes, he came back with a good catch. Jade was in the kitchen, chopping vegetables for a salad. He showed her the crappies that he caught and she squealed with delight. 

He cleaned and cut into fillets for frying as Jade prepared the batter. Dustin had come prepared with the ingredients as Seth had informed him about the lake teeming with good catches. 

Granny prepared them with avocado rice and cupcakes. Both of them prepared the meal together. "It seems we are already married," said Dustin, grinning.

Jade smiled. "I want to stay here with you. I don't want to go home," she pouted. 

"Me neither but I promised your dad and I will keep it," he said. She pouted but respected his principles. 

"Well, now that we've started dating, we can take our relationship a little further. Right?" He said, leaning towards her to bump her shoulder and wink.

"How?" she said with a smile.

"I'm doing everything the conventional way," he said, feeling proud. "Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked, formally. 

"Yes, I already am," she agreed and Dustin grinned. 

They clung to each other and stayed that way.