Chapter Eighteen

The next day, Jade emailed her resignation to Brittany McGregor, the owner of the boutique. She accepted it immediately, directing her to serve a 10 day notice period prior to discontinuation. 

Jade didn't have a problem with that. It would save her 5 days before the month ended. In the evening, Dustin came to meet her. He wanted to take her to their new house. She agreed and they went to inspect. 

They finalised where they wanted their bedroom as well as other details and discussed with the site engineer of the construction team. Jade selected the colour combination for the whole house. 

Happy with their decision, they strolled around, hand in hand around the backyard, deciding upon the decorations. 

"I'm getting a gazebo constructed. We'll have our marriage ceremony under it. What do you say?" Asked Dustin, as they walked hand in hand to the site where the gazebo was to be constructed. 

"It's a wonderful idea. I love gazebos," she said, staring at the place where construction work would start from tomorrow. 

"There'll be a kid's pool for our babies. We'll have lots of children," he said and she rolled her eyes.

"No, only 2. I can't produce so many," she said and his face fell.

"We'll see what destiny has decided for us," he said and she agreed. Her dad came over to check what was going on.

"I'm so glad you both would live next door, Dustin. I wouldn't be lonely ever," he said, with a smile. 

"Yes dad, even Dustin's granny would be shifting in with us," she informed and her dad's smile widened. 

"Really? That means lots of goodies to eat," he said with excitement. They all laughed. 

Her dad gave some suggestions and they both agreed. Jade went home and Dustin went back to his restaurant. 

"He's a very good boy. I'm proud of your choice, Jade, " her dad appreciated and Jade felt so proud of her Dustin. He thought about everyone in whatever he did. 

The next ten days went by as she wrapped up her work at the boutique. She visited the restaurant every morning as before to help granny and chat with her about the new house, taking her opinions about the decor. Dustin took granny to the new house regularly to check the progress. Jade visited whenever she could. Once her tenure at the boutique was over, she became free to join Dustin's restaurant. 

She had informed her dad of her decision and he accepted her decision. So on her first day, she happily got down from her car and entered the restaurant, her restaurant from now on. 

Dustin grinned at her from the table in the kitchen where he was sitting and eating a pecan pie. Jade rolled her eyes and tried to grab a piece from him but he held it up. Then placed one in his mouth, opening it wide.

"Come and get it," he said, his eyes gleaming with mischief. 

"Ewww, you're disgusting, " she said. He chewed and gobbled it up and grinned at her. How did he manage to maintain his figure after eating all that?

"Granny, don't you think he should share?" She glared at him. He grinned and dangled his legs, eating more. 

Granny chuckled,"Dustin, give her a piece," she suggested.

"She can come to me and get it herself, " he suggested and Jade blushed like a tomato. He had no shame at all saying such things in front of his granny.  How could she get the cake from his mouth in front of granny?

"No thanks," she said, pouting and going to the counter to chop the vegetables. Dustin got down from the table and walked up to her. He turned her around and fed her a piece. Then handing her the rest of the pie,  he just tweaked her nose and winked. 

"Enjoy the treat. I will take the payment later," he said and went away out of the kitchen to the counter with a smirk. 

"He loves you too much, see?" Said granny and Jade grinned and fed her a piece too.

Jade was done with helping in the kitchen. Dustin led her to a small office room that he had built for her near a corner, just outside the restaurant towards the backside. There was a bay window and a desk in front of it with a computer and three chairs. A small potted plant on the window sill and a painting decorated the place. There was a cabinet for storage. 

"This is your office for the time being. When you're not helping in the kitchen you can sit here and work. Submitting to search engines, posting reviews and marketing the restaurant. I had a website made. You can keep submitting the url for online marketing," he suggested and she nodded. 

"I've got it. Don't worry, I'll start immediately, " she said, starting the computer. 

He entered the password and informed her of it. "You can change the password if you want," he said. 

"I'll leave you to it. But remember, my payment is due. I'll want it before you leave," he reminded her with a grin and left, closing the door behind him. 

She smiled to herself. He really was so adorable. He had an office room built just for her. The next two hours, she was drowned in her work. Optimising their website with valid and important keywords for search engine recognition. 

Granny came and sat down in front of her. "It's lunch time sweetheart," she said. "Come and eat with us," she invited and Jade felt her stomach grumble. 

"When do you rest granny? You're in the kitchen since morning. I'm sure they can manage if you slept for two hours now. I can help if you tell me what to do," she suggested, concerned about her granny. 

"Thank you dear. I'll tell you what needs to be done and rest after lunch. Does that make you happy?" She asked, getting up.

"Yes, very happy," said Jade,  shutting her computer and going with granny to her apartment at the backside. 

Dustin came in with a lot of extra food that hadn't been used at the restaurant and served the three of them. Even Jade helped him. 

They ate up and forced granny to goto her room and rest. Granny instructed Jade what needed to be done. They cleaned up the dining table and the kitchen and went back to the restaurant. Jade went into the kitchen while Dustin handled the counter as the lunchtime rush kept them busy for the next three hours.

Jade suggested they keep a customer review book near the counter where each customer could give suggestions and comments. The suggestions could be implemented upon and the best reviews could be uploaded onto their website. They also decided to take a photograph of the signature dishes of their restaurant and post it on their website. 

After a day's hard work, Jade kissed granny who had returned to the kitchen in the evening. Before she could reach the front door, Dustin followed her and pulled her along with him to the backside near the entrance to their apartment. 

"Give me my payment before you go," he breathed onto her face. He pinned her to the door and blocked her with his body rubbing against hers.

"Dustin, someone will see us," she whispered. 

"I don't care. I will die if you don't kiss me now," he said with such longing that Jade gave in. Her arms went around his neck as she pulled him close.

"I love you Dustin," she whispered, and gently brushed her lips to his. He groaned and claimed her lips possessively, branding her more with his hot touch. The fire inside him made him crazy for her but he had promised to wait till she was ready. 

His tongue glided inside, tasting her sweetness as his hands bunched around her hips and pulled her close to his body, not leaving an inch between themselves. 

"I want you Jade. Are you ready for me?" He asked her in a hoarse whisper.

"Yes, Dustin," she answered and he kissed her more passionately. 

"Go out with me tomorrow night for dinner?" He asked her.

"Yes," she answered.

"It's a date," he promised. 

"Hmm," she said.

He left her reluctantly and she went home looking forward to tomorrow's date.