8/Exs

Michaels POV

I look at the piece of paper that Tess had given me which had her address on it. She had told me to come to her house so she could explain everything to me, though i thought it was quite weird. As i start to drive, i got more nervous by the minute. Not for me but for her. What happens if something bad had happened to her and i wasnt there to protect her. It would have been my fault.

A couple of minutes later, i arrive at the address. The house was big, with a front lawn and birthday decorations hung from the windows and doors. She never told me it was her birthday, i thought but shook it off as the front door opened, reveling Tess and a girl with long brown hair. As i got out of the car, i saw Tess run towards me and grabbed my arm.

"Hey-" i started to say but she cut me off instantly by pulling me inside. Confused, i looked at her weirdly as she shut the door before sitting down like nothing happened.

"Uhh, Tess whats going on?" i asked her while her friend sat beside her. She nudged Tess which caused her to look up at me.

"Sorry, this is Clary" She said with a small smile.

"Hi im michael" I introduced myself. "Yeh i know. Tess wont stop talking about you" She said as she laughed, making Tess blush. I instantly laughed but remembered that i was here to help her, not laugh. To be honest i talk about her alot anyway so i guess its cute for her to be talking about me.

"So Tess, why did you want me here" I ask, making Clary get up. "I'll leave you two alone. Nice to meet you michael" She said as she smiled while she walked into another room. Tess looked up at me and her eyes started to water.

"Let me explain why i havent seen or texted you in the past week and then the bruise but promise me that its between me and you. Only Clary and Brendon know and i dont want anyone besides you to know." She nervously said, still looking at me. "Brendon is Clarys brother by the way and its his 18th" She said as if she read my mind. I nodded and asked her to continue.

"As soon as i got back from yours last weekend, my ex was here. He found out that i was round yours so he threatened me to never see you again. Being the protective ex he is, he took my phone to stop me contacting you." She cried, making me frown. I got up and hugged her as she cried more.

"Its going to be alright" i said as i rubbed her back, making her shake her head. She pulled away from me and sat back down, head in her hands. Sitting back down, she continued to carry on.

"Its not going to be okay Michael. He threatened me" She shook her head, looking back up. "When i told him he couldnt decide what i do... he hit me" I clenched my fists and instantly got up, pulling on my hair.

"Damn it! i should have walked you home, its my fault. Are you okay? did he hurt you --" I quickly shouted worridly but she cut me off.

"Michael its not your fault and im okay" She said as she got up and hugged me, tears running down her face.

"Are you sure cuz youve got a bruise" I shouted as we pulled away, making her silent.

"Look, its no big deal okay? Hes gone and ive got my phone back." She said, giving me a small smile while she showed me her phone.

"If he hurts you again tell me. I dont want you to get hurt because of me" I said calmly as i walked towards the front door. I was about to open it but Tess stopped me.

"Be careful, he lives opposite." she said to me as she stepped back, letting me leave. I nodded and we said our goodbyes before i got in my car and drove off.