19/ Police

Michaels POV

"So she passed out and a lady dragged her into a car?" Clary asked me with a confused look on her face. I don't think shes convinced. Once I saw what happened, I ran back to the house to tell the others what I saw and by the looks of it they don't believe me.

"Yes! She might be in danger" I moan but Clary just shook her head. I turned to the boys who were sitting on the couch but they ignored my stare.

"What happened to 'oh I cant see you anymore" She said, mocking me. She was right but I still care about her. I only said that to protect her. "Anyway I thought didn't care"

"Of course I do! I want to protect her. Don't you see?" I shouted as I lost my temper. all the boys were now staring at me but this time I ignored them. Clary was the only one who I needed to talk to, not them. As she was standing in front of me, she went to slap me but pulled away as if something held her back.

"I could happily slap you right now but im not because of Tess. She would kill me" She said sternly in which I smirked.

"So she cares about me too?"

"ill be surprised since you've avoided her for the second time" I sighed but continued to speak.

"So what are we going to do about Tess then? For all we know Shes been kidnapped" I said which made Clary think. I still don't think the boys understand yet but they soon will because we need to think of a plan to get Tessie back.

"Call the police?" She suggested but I quickly shook my head. Its too risky, with Marshall and myself being a vampire. I don't want anything bad to happen. As if on cue, the doorbell rang, making me and clary look towards the door then back again, knowing this wouldn't go well.

"Shall I answer it?" I whispered, for all we know it could be a murderer but I don't think they would knock first.

I looked the others before gulping and walking towards the doors. As i opened it, i saw red and blue flashing lights on the driveway along with a police officers standing in front of me. Was i in trouble?

I was just about to speak when the officers spoke up, i was fearing for what he was about to say.

"Michael Clifford, you have been charged for the murder of Marshal Kellin. You do not have to say anything, but anything you do say will be held against you." He said sternly as he pushed me around and handcuffed my hands.

I had tears in my eyes as i saw the boys and clarys expression. They were shocked but also mad at the officer who was hurting me.

"Hold on, do you have evidence. Im sure you cant-" Clary said but Ashton spoke up. Im surprised the butch officer allowed them to speak.

"We want to handle this in court. You cant take Michael anywhere, hes not legally 18 yet." Ashton spoke up and i secretly smiled but didnt let it show. By this time, the officer had already took the cuffs off and handed me a yellow slip.

"We still have evidence and since you're his guardian we have to make sure your okay with him being charged. As you are not, we're not legal to take him so we will have to see you in court tomorrow. If you are found guilty then you will spend 2 years in prison, if not, you are free to go and the investigation continues. Thank you" He said and walked off. I shut the door and breathed heavily.

"Wow i did not expect that"