Chapter 02 : Satvar-Bag

I took an exit from the all famous COD-6 labs cursing Manish. Bloody idiot. What does he even think of himself ? A big-shot scientist ?

He still works at a private laboratory.

I recalled my college years as I saw a teenage couple kissing each other at the bus stop. It reminded me of when I proposed Mrunalini for the first time, at the Visuya bus stop. And then Manish thrashed me hard because he loved her too. But she used to like me only.

Because I was better than him in every aspect. I was always the best.

In our story too, I was the hero, Mrunalini the heroine and Manish was the villain..

HONK HONK.

I stepped back as a speeding car zapped by. It was a class-A pheon convertible with some young adults blasting loud rock music.
"This isn't a garden, grandpa !", one of them yelled.

"Rich spoilt brats !", I remarked as I dusted off the mud off my suit. I continued to walk on the footpath to the railway station. I glanced across the shops as I recalled the conversation I had with Akhil in the morning.

 I glanced across the shops as I recalled the conversation I had with Akhil in the morning

[FLASHBACK]

"Papa, papa ! Please get me a Satvar bag na !", Akhil said as Mrunalini packed his tiffin.

"I got you a Phoenix Fighter bag recently if I remember. What's wrong with that ?", I remarked as I got ready for my presentation. I double checked everything as today's work was very important. If all goes well, it would certain bring back fortune to my life.

"But now, the new superhero is Satvar ! All my friends have the Satvar bag !", he cried.
"How many of them are out there ?", I asked.

"5", he said as he counted the names by his little fingers. "And I'm 5 years old too !"

[/FLASHBACK]

Phoenix Fighter, the 2 Sky Warriors, Versatile, and Satvar - I too recalled the 5 superhero names as I walked down the footpath. Churchgate streets seemed crowded today. Everyone in a hurry, trying hard to complete all of their works. And here I was, hungry and frustrated at the same time.

I checked my pocket, no money left. Ok, nothing to eat but atleast something to wither away my frustration, I thought as I saw a nearby TV shop. And a breaking news !

I went closer and found the TV screen showing some familiar faces. It buzzed,

"PHOENIX FIGHTER KIDNAPPED BY HAIWAN-E-AATANK…
SATVAR LIES STILL ON THE GROUND, DUE TO A BIG BOMB BLAST NEAR ANDHERI..

34 PEOPLE INJURED. 2 DEAD.

THE NAMES OF THE DEAD DECLARED WERE AKHIL PAWAR, AGE 5 AND MRUNALINI PAWAR.."

I didn't wait for any further information, I rushed towards my home..
Hoping they were still alive.

As I glanced at another phoenix fighter H.O.P.E. hoarding with the sunflower.

Yeah, this time I had HOPE.

I ought to have..
HOPE.

Hi everyone ! I hope you are doing fine.
Here's your phoenix_fighter7 ready to tell you that there's a next chapter coming tomorrow.

Make sure you add this book to your library to get updates before everyone.
Please vote and comment. It really helps the story to get a major audience and also motivates me.

Thank you !