Chapter 15 : Trust issues

[FLASHBACK]

"Papa, here have this chocolate", Akhil took out some chocolates from his bag and gave one to me.
"Did mumma buy you these ?", I asked as I put his bag in the corner and sprayed sanitizer over it.

"No, no. The watchman uncle gave it to me", he explained.
"Akhil, how many times have I told you ?! Not to take anything from strangers ! You are still small, what if something happens to you !!", I started yelling, but I realised it when his eyes filled with water.

He started to cry all of a sudden. "Nahi, I didn't mean to scare you. Bachha come here", I tried to calm him down. But he shut himself in the corner. Mrunalini came back from the market just in time to find us in this situation.

She picked up Akhil and gently stroke his back. "Everything's okay bachha. Everything's fine", she finally managed to calm him down.

He started smiling again as she gave him a chikki to eat.
"I wonder sometimes mumma.. who to believe.. unknown people who talk sweet, or people closer to us shouting at us.."
"In such situations, listen to your heart", she smiled at me. "Do whatever it says."

[/FLASHBACK]

I decided to listen to my heart too. I couldn't just believe that the HEA who destroyed my home, my family was convincing me to side with them against the phoenix fighter who saved me from that mobile tower.

That's it. I knew who to side with. Satvar couldn't be at the location Kris gave me. It was a trap !

"Quick, get to the main system and deactivate all of this. I'll try to fend him off", Vedant signalled me. I ran towards the system and started to figure out how it worked. I looked back. The battle had turned intense. The Hacker definitely had an upper hand because of the changes he had made in the infinity gate chamber.

I finally figured out how it worked. Like not everything, but still something. There were multiple yellow drivers attached to the central machine. Easy.

ARRRGGGGHHHH, I heard Vedant scream. His armour had broken apart. Kris kicked him hard, Vedant hit the wall on his back and laid unconscious. Hacker grinned as he turned towards me. "I gave you a chance Spandan. But you declined.. just like your friend."

Uh oh. I started to remove the drivers quickly. Just a couple more.. but where was Kris ? He was nowhere to be seen.

That's when I felt a hand on my shoulder.
"Looking for someone ?"

Gulp.

Hi everyone ! I hope you are doing fine.
Here's your phoenix_fighter7 ready to tell you that there's a next chapter coming tomorrow. Make sure you add this book to your library to get updates before everyone.
Please vote and comment. It really helps the story to get a major audience and also motivates me.

Thank you !