Chapter 16 : Ruler and his kingdom

[ VEDANT'S P.O.V. ]

I felt paralysed. I couldn't move. I could see the Hacker heading for Spandan.. it was all gonna end, that too like this..

I felt a tear rush down my cheek. At last, I couldn't do anything. I messed up the timeline to save the world. But now, with the access of infinity resting with this Hacker, he is sure to end the world.

"G46, Activate commands", I muttered. "Call Mayuri."
"Calling… couldn't connect..", it beeped.

"Call Snigdha", I ordered.
"Calling.. couldn't connect.."

Hacker started to thrash Spandan as I tried the calls again.
"Since when did you need calls to connect with me ?" - I heard a pleasant voice in my head. Mayuri. "I hope you are giving the Hacker a hard time. I'm stuck in this weird time loop, I need you to help me out of this soon and then we'll kick his ass together.."

"Listen Mayuri.. before I die, I just wanted to tell you that..", I tried to speak.
"Hey, hey Devdas-Udas, you're not gonna die so soon. Wait, I can sense something.. He took away your infinity I guess. That's no big deal-"

"How's it not a big deal.. my all powers are derived from the infinity.. now he has it..", I protested only to be noticed by the Hacker as he turned to me again. Not again.

"For God's sake, you are the Phoenix Fighter, ruler of the infinity. You rule the infinity, infinity doesn't rule you. You are a hero, for the people, your friends and for me..", with that Mayuri's voice broke.

'You rule the infinity, the infinity doesn't rule you' - the line echoed in my mind. I got rid of my shattered armour and confronted him. "I don't need an armour to defeat a loser like you, Kris Versolhm."
"You don't have your infinity, phoenix fighter", he snapped with a cunning smile.

"Oh really ?!", I grinned. "I highly doubt this statement of yours, is all I can say", I said as I brought up my fist and opened it.

The infinity appeared in my hand.

My powers didn't come from the infinity, I empowered the infinity itself.

Hi everyone ! I hope you are doing fine.
Here's your phoenix_fighter7 ready to tell you that there's a next chapter coming tomorrow. Make sure you add this book to your library to get updates before everyone.
Please vote and comment. It really helps the story to get a major audience and also motivates me.

Thank you !