Chapter 18 : Destinies

[ Vedant's POV ]

I entered the time network and found Mayuri and Snigdha in an unconscious state. I touched their forehead and healed them. But Mayuri seemed distressed as she held my arm tightly. "Don't you dare leave me like this.. you can't do this. This all is over now.. let's just go home.. why do you..", she kept on weeping with closed eyes.

I didn't know what that Hacker had done with her.
"I'll take care of her. You should probably find Satvar. He's in deeper agony than what Mayuri is feeling right now..", Snigdha said as she rested Mayuri's head on her shoulder.

"Did Kris show them the future ?", I asked.
"Yes", Snigdha hummed.

"And what about you ?", I asked.
"Don't worry, somehow he couldn't put me in that spell."

"Take care of her", I instructed again as I left. I found him in the after-future section. He was on his knees, begging for mercy. No, no, no. This shouldn't be happening.. he shouldn't be seeing this..

His eyes were locked at the scene that unfolded before him. It was Durdrona, about to kill Dr.Sejal infront of all of us. We were desperately trying to stop him, but it wasn't helping.

"Atleast tell me what's her fault ?!", I remember Future-Satvar pleading.
"Her fault.. she is special for Satvar. Satvar, my enemy", he laughed and SLASSSHHHHHH.

He kills her despite everything we do to stop him.

Our present Satvar was watching all of this. I quickly got him out of there. "I don't wanna be Satvar. I don't wanna be Satvar.. I'll go back in the time.. no Satvar..", he kept on mumbling.

[ Spandan's POV ]

I didn't know where I was, but it sure looked like some secret military or terrorist camp. I saw HEA's flags unfurled in every direction. I saved the location in my smartwatch map and returned back to Alibag. Track 21.

I saw Vedant stroking Mayuri's head as she rested her in his shoulder. "Everything's fine now. I'm here. I'm not going anywhere", he kept on reassuring her. Snigdha brought in some medication.

"Here have it. You'll feel better", she advised.
Mayuri opened her eyes and gulped down the tablet. "I'll just ask you once, what was that ? What does the future hold for us ?", she asked.
"That's something even I'm trying to understand. But for now, we need to stay strong...", Vedant said.

"Is Satvar okay now ?", I interrupted.
"Yes he's feeling better. I've had him admitted in REDZ. Dr.Gaikwad will take care of him. He just needs a bit of rest for now", he said.

"So it's all over ?", I asked.
"For now, yes. But not for too long..", he seemed concerned. "Until, then take some rest. I know I can't fill the voids your life has left you with, but I'll certainly try to help with everything I can."

His eyes gave me serious look, but he still managed to smile. I knew he was assuring everyone of normalcy but he too knew it wasn't anywhere near. Something awaited us in the future. Something that's well beyond our capacity to comprehend.

An unknown well-wisher or a familiar rival ?

Hi everyone ! I hope you are doing fine.
Here's your phoenix_fighter7 excited to tell you that the book's finally completed. There's an epilogue though which will be updated tomorrow. So, Make sure you add this book to your library to get updates before everyone.
Please vote and comment. It really helps the story to get a major audience and also motivates me.

Thank you !