Chapter 03 : Approaching the Hell

I didn't know what to do. I was just running around hopelessly. I rushed inside a local train. Throughout the journey, I was trying Mrunalini's number continuously. But it was switched off.

I got down at Andheri and again started running. The scene unfolded before me eyes as I neared my home.

Sirens wailing.. Noise of people screaming, crying.. Water gushing out of the fire brigades filled the area. Our 3-storey building was down to ashes. I searched for my family.
"AKHIL !!! MRUNALINI !!!"

I knew it won't make a difference but somehow my heart couldn't accept that they were not with me anymore. Seeing the blood and the mutilated dead bodies everywhere, my head swung. I became unconscious.

The last thing I remember was hearing a familiar voice.

***

Drops of water brought me back to consciousness. Our neighbour Mr.Mhatre had waken me up. I was sitting at the edge of the road. The noises were still around.

"Are you okay ?", he asked.
"Yes, I guess.. where's Akhil ? Where's Mrunalini ?" - I gulped.

"Calm down Spandan. Calm down", saying this he put an arm around me. "They are no more with us."

Enough.
I just couldn't take it anymore.

I was losing everything.. one by one..
First my job, now my family, my home..

Why was this happening only with me ? - I thought as I saw the boys from that earlier class-A pheon making reels in front of the ruckus.

"What the fuck is wrong with you ?", I yelled on top of my voice. Everyone stared at me as I made my way to the boys.
"Looks like grandpa's garden got blasted off", one of them mocked. I threw myself at him and started hitting him.

The others around him started kicking me as well, but I felt no pain. I somehow felt satisfied as I noticed the blood coming off his nose.

That's when I felt a strong hold over my shoulder and soon, I was thrown off

That's when I felt a strong hold over my shoulder and soon, I was thrown off. It was the police.
"Shouldn't you be protecting someone that actually needs help ? And you are defending them ?! Just because they're rich ?!", I protested.

"Sir, I need you to calm down", he instructed.
"No, I won't ! First tell me whose mistake was this ? Who is responsible for my loss !!", I shouted.

I knew what I was saying didn't make sense, but I just..
Just wanted someone to blame...

I stood up to leave.
"Truth is bitter Mr.Pawar, but we have accept it", Mr.Mhatre said.

"Fuck truth", I yelled and walked away.
"Where are you going now ?", he asked.

"To hell ! You want to come too ? Let me guess.. you won't because your family is safe there in Australia whereas here, a random terrorist shows up, blows up a whole area and gets away just that. And people celebrate this..", I said as I glanced over to the boys again as they made reels with the posters of 'The world's ending sooner than you think'.

"For once think practically. You should stop here for a while, or else you'll lose your..", Mhatre started again.
"Lose what Mr.Mhatre ? Just look at me..", I continued to walk. "Do I look like I've anything left to lose ?"

Hi everyone ! I hope you are doing fine.
Here's your phoenix_fighter7 ready to tell you that there's a next chapter coming tomorrow. Make sure you add this book to your library to get updates before everyone.
Please vote and comment. It really helps the story to get a major audience and also motivates me.

Thank you !