Chapter 6

"Clyde?! Who's at the door?" called Ari from her comfy position on her bed.

"Uh-No one important-"

"Hey!" said Cale. He looked absolutely yummy in his black button down, with the sleeves rolled to his elbows, his dark jeans, his dark hair was parted out of his beautiful hazel eyes, and his face portrayed both nervousness and excitement.

He looked so adorable and edible!

Calm down, that's not your man! Hunter is!- said my subconscious.

Hunter?!?! Ugh! Just butt out!

Yeah Hunter! I am you, I know about that little crush developing deep in the bowels of your stubborn heart. I'm just the smarter part of you that is nice enough to let you know when you're acting like a clueless bimbo!

You're such a bully!- I thought to You/me. I really needed to quit thinking to myself!

You really do act like one, though.....-said You/me smugly.

"You look so cute!" I said pinching his cheeks.

He blushed and playfully swat my hands away. "Hey you have Carter."

"No I do not. I don't want him either! Sheesh!" I said

"Carter is a very persistent person-"

"Yeah well Im a very stubborn person." I said stubbornly.

"Whatever. Anyway are you sure this is gonna work?" he asked.

I nodded. "It has to."

"And Mia and Lila are aware of their roles,right?"

I nodded. "Quick, lets go before Ari gets up."

We left and headed toward the Lounge. At the lounge, all couches and bean bags and love seats were pushed away to the sides, and the place was turned into a club. No! I hate clubs!

The music, the dirty dancing, the drunkards and everything was just-urg!

"Let's dance!" yelled Cale over the music. I nodded and we went in. Cue dramatic battle music...now.

I felt like this was a war zone. We weaved through sweaty bodies, and bodies that seemed to be doing it with their clothes on. While dancing, I noticed Cale would not quit watching the door.

"You're nervous aren't you?!" I asked over the music.

"Im what?!"

"Nervous! Are you nervous?!"

"Am I worthless? What?!"

I grabbed his shirt collar and pulled his face into mine. "Are you nervous?"

"Oh! Yeah! I am actually!" he said over the music. I smiled. This boy was too cute. If Carter was more like Cale, then hey. Maybe I'd go out with him. Maybe...

We danced a while longer until I heard my phone buzz. I looked down.

Mia:  Blondie to BlackBird, I repeat. Blondie to BlackBird, do you copy?

Me:  Mia, what the hell? Blondie to BlackBird? O_o

Mia:  Just play along, you buzzkill!

Me:  Ok, I copy, over!

Mia:  That's better! Anyway, the target is on the way. I repeat, the target is on the way!

Me:   Who? Ari?

Mia:  No. Barrack Obama. YES ARI!!!

Me: Oh! Ok, We'll move to the bar. Are you tailing the target?