Chapter 21

Ya know, never, since I met Carter, did I think I would ever find myself walking down the isle with him. This dress was itchy, these heels were painful, my hair felt like a hot curly mess on my head, and my makeup felt heavy. But Carter repeatedly told me that I looked beautiful.

I just couldnt wait to crash this wedding!

Carter and I were going to sneak in as the bridesmaid and groom, and when the people noticed that we didn't belong, the others were going to come in and launch our plan.

"Will you stop fidgetting, Clyde?" hissed Carter.

"You wanna try walking around in six inch heels and an itchy ass dress?" I hissed back.

He opened his mouth to retort, but I cut him off. "Didn't think so."

He rolled his eyes, and dragged me towards the entrance of the church. We entered the lobby and all the groomsmen and bridesmaids were there chatting. Carter and I blended in perfectly. How Ava managed to get me the dress, that these bridesmaids all sported, was beyond me.

A bridesmaid narrowed her eyes curiously at me and walked over. "Melenie?" she questioned.

"Uh-" I looked to Carter, only to find that he wasnt there, but instead was cracking jokes with two of the groomsmen. "Um-y-yeah! Its me, Melenie, haha...in the flesh! Breathing, heart pumping, blinking, surving," I babbled, "I mean, why would I be here, ya know? Haha.. Yeah, I so belong here, right? Hehe."

The bridesmaid looked at me oddly. "Obviously this wedding is making you nervous. Its okay, though. Terrance was wondering where you were!"

"Um, who?" I asked.

"Hello? Terrance....your boyfriend...the guy your in love with and just waiting for him to propose! Melenie, have you had too much sun?"

I laughed nervously, and a tad bit too loudly. The bridesmaid looked at me oddly again. "Yeah! Terrance!" I said. Then, a pair of arms circled around my waist, and a whirled around, ready to tell Carter off.

But it wasnt Carter. It was a stranger. He had shaggy blonde hair, striking blue eyes, a bit of stubble along his jaw, and he was smiling adoringly at me.

"You called, babe?" he said, leaning in. I paniced. At the last second, I whipped my head to the side, so that his lips landed on my cheek. He gave me a confused look.

"Uh, y-you'll mess up m-my makeup," I said lamely. He smirked with a twinkle in his eye.

"Yes, honey," he said chucking to himself.

"Uh, haha," I said laughing nervously. Just then, Carter walked over. Terrance looked at him and smiled.

"Hey, Landon, this is my girlfriend, I was telling you about." he said. He turned to me. "Melenie, meet Landon." 

Landon? I looked at Carter, and we both raised an eyebrow, simultaneously.

'Landon?" I mouthed.

'Melenie?' he mouthed back. I held back my laughter at how awkward this was getting.

"Um, Terrance, am I walking down the isle with you?" I asked nervously.

"Uh, yeah. Thats what we've been rehearsing the past two months," he laughed.

My eyes widened. Where the hell was this Melenie chick?! Carter, or Landon, narrowed his eye menacingly at Terrance.

"Um, what about Landon?" I asked.

The bridesmaid that I was talking to walked to Carter and wrapped her arms around his chest in hug. "He's with me! Remember, we're engaged! Jeez, Melenie, whats gotten into you?"