Chapter 26

At breakfast the next day, I arrived at the table later than anyone else. Samantha was there, curled up at Gage's side. But there were no seats left.

"Clyde, It looks like Samantha took the seat thats normally yours," said Carter smugly. "Looks like you have no other place to sit than right on my lap."

"He's right, Clyde," said Mia with smugness shinning in her eyes.

I groaned and grudgingly sat down on Carter. "Don't try anything," I hissed at him.

"No promises, baby cakes," he said in my ear. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms while he slipped his arms around my waist.

"Clyde, aren't you getting breakfast?" asked Carson.

"Nah, Im not real hungry," I said with a shrug.

Carter pulled up a plate of sausage and pancakes for me. "I knew you'd say that so I got you something. Eat it," he said a bit too protectively.

Not wanting to argue, I simply nodded and started pouring syrup on the pancakes.

"Not too much! Thats unhealthy!" said Carter. I froze and put the bottle down a bit too forcefully. Everyone was looking at Carter strangely.

"What in the hell is your problem?" I questioned.

"Nothing. Now eat your food, bitch," he said. The last part seemed to make everything more normal, and everyone got back to their businesses. Except me. Carter was up to something.

"Bastard," I mumbled before shoveling a piece of pancake into my mouth.

"Are you trying to strangle yourself? Don't put too much in your mouth at once!" Carter hissed in my ear.

I swallowed and leaned back into him so that I could speak to him more secretively. "What the hell is your problem?" I hissed.

"I don't have a problem. But if you would take care of yourself better, then maybe I wouldn't have to act like this!" he hissed back.

"Look, I don't know what kind of drug you're on, but lay off it and cut the act." I said.

"Its not an act. Now eat your food before I start feeding you like some bitch," he said.

"Fuck you."

"State the time and place, I'll be there," He said smugly. I scrunched up my face and turned away from him.

<~*~>*<~*~>*<~*~>*<~*~>

 "Hey, bitch, I wanna smoke!" Carter exclaimed, strutting into my cabin like he owned the place. Well, he seemed to be back to normal.

"Excuse you?" I said bitchily. 

Remember to be clingy, Clyde.

But then again, I had to carry out my revenge plan first.

"You heard me, hoe," he teased.

"No, I don't think I did," I said, turning back to my IPhone. I was messaging Adam about the plan for this afternoon.

"Why don't you quit being a bitch and give me my cigarettes!" he whined, even stomping his foot. I laughing and locked my phone before reaching into my top and plucking a cigarette from my bra and tossing it to him. Carter was actually down to three cigarettes a day now, instead of five. This was progress.

He eyed it, before looking back at me with a mischievious smirk. "Got anymore in there?"

I, not knowing what he was getting at, answered honestly, "One more, why?"