𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊. 𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒔

"ALL RIGHT."

Music blared from the speakers of Twinkie as the group pulled up outside the figure eight's side of the beach. They had their own pier! It was unbelievable. Thomas had spent the whole ride there threatening John B and JJ, while Tatum was having to tell him to shut up, leading the twins into a fist fight that turned into a knife fight. Apparently the 'normal siblings' category didn't fit them for very long, as they were now threatening to murder one another. Kiara spent the whole time in a sulk, and refused both Pope and Tatum when they tried comforting her. Other than that, high energy flew through the van and everyone was filled with a buzz of excitement. The only kook they'd ever associated with was Kie, and she was a true pouge at heart so it didn't really count. But the problem was nobody, but JJ and John B, actually liked Sarah Cameron as a person, so they were kind of cold about it towards the boys - especially Thomas and Kie, who could start a Cameron Hate Campaign at this point.

"Hit it, boys!" boomed JJ, full of energy at midnight, as Pope rolled the door open. "We goin'. Recon mission."

"Yo," said John B from the front seat, stopping the boys in the back before they jumped out the van. He turned around to face his friends at the back. "Uh...so, uh, I think I'm gonna do this one by myself...." He nodded as Kiara rolled her eyes. "...Tonight."

"Really?" asked JJ knowingly.

"What?"

"Nothin', brother -"

For the first time since they set off, the twins stopped fighting. Crimson red poured out of Tatum's waist, just above her wound from where the man had stabbed her all those nights ago. And Thomas' leg had three large slashes, and his forearm had the letters 'TQ' carved into it.

"He's gon' shag her," the male twin stated casually, gesturing to John B, who he refused to personally speak to right now. He really didn't like the boy.

"I am not," he said harshly. Kiara scoffed and rolled her eyes. Thomas fist-pumped her. Tatum smacked him. "Look, I don't want to spook Sarah with the peanut gallery."

"Oh, so you're saying we scare her?" retorted Tatum with crossed arms.

"You?" he said, eyebrows raised. "Yes. Yes, you fucking scare her, after you stuck a gun in her face like some sort of psycho!"

Thomas chuckled darkly, wiping the corner of his lip. "That's it, man," he said, "Ima fucking kill you."

It took the full strength of Tatum, Pope and JJ to hold the boy back before he murdered their friend. Literally. He was holding his knife out ready, and trying to slash his neck, even from far away.

John B looked at Tatum, his face full of guilt at her frown. He shook his head. "Look, I'm sorry - I didn't mean -"

"I just don't understand why we're involving her at all," Kiara finally snapped, going back to the Sarah subject, while everyone else was still holding back a murderous Thomas.

"Kie, we're not involving her, okay?" John B said again, throwing his head back in exaggeration. But no one believed him. He was so excited and buzzed to see Sarah that he made them turn up ten minutes early. John B was never early. He was always late. For everything. At Kiara's incredible bitch-face, he stammered, "It's - it's just, uh, like a - a business meeting..." Thomas went to lash at him again. "...thing." He shook his head. "Look, once we get what we need, we cut her loose, all right?" He shrugged. "Plus, we need a map."

"Promise me nothing's happening between the two of you," Kiara said quickly. Tatum's mouth parted and her gut twisted with jealousy.

"Nothing is happening, Kie," he lied like a five year old with an exaggerated sigh.