𝒍𝒊𝒊𝒊. 𝒊 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖

TATUM SCREAMED - LOUDER THAN SHE EVER HAD BEFORE.

Her lungs tore themselves apart more than any cigarette ever could. Sirens blared in the distance. Leroy and Nathan bolted - they wouldn't get arrested, the others were too scared to rat them out. Heyward wrapped his arms around the girl and pulled her back before she launched herself at her dad. They'd only kill her, too.

She threw Heyward's arms off her and collapsed at her brother's body.

Slowly. He was still breathing. But slowly.

"Please, Thomas...please, don't leave me," she sobbed into his shoulder.

The boy chuckled, blood spilling out of his mouth. "Aren't I the one supposed to be saving you?" he joked lightly, moving his arms to wrap them around her small body. It didn't hurt. All the blood was leaving his body, but it didn't hurt. It was numbing. Welcoming. The least painful experience of his life. A small tear slipped out of his eye. Not because of the thought of death. But because of the thought of his sister breaking without him. The thought of her having nobody to protect and understand her.

She continued to cry, mumbling the words 'no', over and over again. She couldn't lose him. He wasn't  supposed to leave her. She was supposed to die first - that was how it was meant to be.

Thomas rubbed his hand up and down her back. "I love you, Tate." That was the very first time he had ever spoken those words aloud. The very first time he had told her. And the last.

Another scream ripped itself out of Tatum's mouth as he shut his eyes, his whole body turning into a heavy sack. She shook him. Rapidly. Desperately. "THOMAS!! Thomas, wake up, I need you!"

He was lifeless. Completely lifeless.

For hours, she stayed there. Wrapped in his arms. Sobbing and screaming.

Even when the police came, she refused to move. Even when they asked questions, she continued to cry.

"Come on now, Tate," whispered Heyward, who never left her side the whole time. "It's getting dark now. They might come back."

She shook her head, inhaling her brother's scent, feeling his body slowly freeze. "I never said it back."

"You didn't need to."

A/n: i am literally sobbing while writing this.

remember when i said i was gonna write thomas his own pope fic? yeah, i don't think that's gonna happen...

i actually wasn't going to kill him off until y'all said you wanted tatum to have to hot tub scene. like, how else was i supposed to make her that sad. she's tatum, all she does is giggle, simp and murder people.

ANYWAYS...who's coming to therapy with me?

im about to lose so many readers rn, and i have no excuse except the fact that i was bored. im actually begging y'all, keep reading, i have no friends and your comments give me life