Message man

I pulled into my driveway, the hot food in my lap. Danny and I had bought some Chinese food and frankly my car smelled like a fucking delicacy.

I turned off the car and unbuckled my seatbelt. Danny eagerly grabbed the food and got out of the car. I smiled to myself and got out too.

I unlocked my front door and I swear I could hear a ping come from my phone. At the time I was too focused on gobbling the food we had, so I just ignored it. It was like 5pm, so I had to flick on my kitchen lights. Danny closed the door and locked it with the keys I had left on the counter. He hurried over and eagerly placed the food before me. I opened the bag and immediately the warmth and the smell of good food hit my face. I shivered at the sweet, sweet sensation and handed him his box of chow mein with sweet and sour sauce. I got some chow mein with my sauce of choice, also getting a big box of salt and pepper fried chicken for us to share. (Sorry if you don't like the choices, change them if you like).

We had settled down with the yummies and put on the TV. I was incredibly pleased with myself because as soon as I turned on channel 5, Rocky Horror Picture Show was playing. I don't care how many times I've seen it, I loved it. We were only a little bit into the start as it was the 'Damn it, Janet' bit. "Oh of course you're a dweeb for this movie." He snickered to himself as he finished a bite of his chicken. "What? It's a good movie!" I argued. "I'm not saying it isn't, but you're just so predictable." He spoke, covering his mouth since he was eating. Manners are actually very attractive, I just realised.

4 minutes later, probably, I remembered my phone. Someone might've texted me... or maybe it's a software update.

I clicked on my screen. Another instagram notification! Same user too. This person was getting on my nerves.

'Murderer.'

"Danny." I tilted the screen toward him as he wolfed down his chicken. His face went pale as he finished his bite. "Same person as before?" He scanned the screen. "Yep." I sighed. What if they rat us out? This is a problem. "Goddamnit. How the hell do we go about this? It's gotta be someone we know or- I don't know!" I started to panic. "Shhh. It's ok. I'll keep you safe." Danny tried his best to comfort me but I was inconsolable. Yes, I did all of those terrible things but it never twice crossed my mind the outcome if someone found out. It was like I had just come down from
a high and the sense of reality and all the consequences of my actions had finally caved in on me. "Hey..."

Drifting.

Deeper
and
deeper
and
deeper
and...

My breath was frozen in place, right in my throat. I didn't even try to take in a breath until I absolutely had to because that'd just start the suffering process earlier. Eventually I had to breathe. I sucked in a strangled wheeze as Danny held me close to him and placed a firm cushion on the floor. He slowly lowered me onto the floor, placing my head on the pillow. I never even had to warn him, he was aware of the fact I could pass out. It's like he had been through this before. He pushed the coffee table back a bit to give him room to lay beside me.

Danny's POV-

I stroked her warm cheek, it was the least I could do now. I hated being helpless like this, just watching her struggle. All I could do was whisper 'shhh's and 'it's ok's. I was probably being a real dick, telling her all this shit. I used to have them a lot, especially after... my father, they're such a hard thing to endure. And lord do they hurt like a bitch.

Y/n's POV-

I fought the involuntary urge to faint, gripping Danny's warm hand, the only thing I could feel apart from my throat burning and my heart hammering against my ribcage. It felt as if my throat had been scorched with molten lava. "It's ok." His voice soothed me as he lifted some water to my lips, propping me up with his inner elbow. I took down slow sips, the cool relief bringing me back to life. He removed it and gestured for me to breathe. I breathed along with him, imagining him helping me down an imaginary staircase. The closer we got to the bottom, the easier it became to breathe. My breaths relaxed and my chest pain died down.

Danny slowly pulled me to him, laying me down and playing with my hair. "Shhh, they're not gonna take us alive. I promise, darling."

His existence was comforting and the fact that he could bring me out of what felt like death itself made me value him even more. I started to cry again, softer now, with a smile. "Hey, what?" He looked down at me, confused. "You. I love you, you're my world. You're my everything, Danny, I'm never going anywhere without you. I need you. I love you." I huffed all in one big, exhausting breath. He got every single word judging by the look on his beautiful face. Danny brought me to a sitting position across from him, my back against the sofa. His hand delicately lifted to just beneath my chin, handling me as if I was ancient artwork. But he was the only Greek deity here. He treated me as if I was going to break if his finger was brought over the wrong part of my face. I was so focused on being here with him that I barely noticed the sensation of another pair of smooth warm lips on mine. I willingly let my eyes flutter shut as I kissed him. He pulled away and I breathed in a long inhale in what felt like hours, grinning like a freak. "We'll never let them take us alive." I repeated, shaky and absolutely drained. "I'll get whoever's threatening us, and I'll make them regret even clicking on your account." He pecked my forehead. "Shall we finish eating?" He patted the couch, getting up himself. "Sure." What I actually planned on doing was eating and falling asleep on him, sounded great.