CH 31

Blinking awake i am instantly aware of Lisa's steady breathing fanning across my bare shoulder. It is the same every morning and now has become a weird source of comfort. The early morning sunrise streams through the balcony doors and bathes the room in a warm glow. Finally a pleasant spring day in Seoul! I untangle my fingers from the protective grasp Lisa has on them against my stomach, an act which bring a smile upon my face, and shift onto my back to look at the fine figure beside me. I treasure these moments as they are few and far between. Recent events must have really taken it's toll on her as it is very rare that i awake before Lisa. If just to cement the point further she is lightly snoring, material stored away in the back of my mind for future mocking purposes.

Lisa's long eyelashes brush against her sun kissed skin as her eyes twitch in slumber. Those plump pouty lips are open just a touch, enough for me to latch onto and worship but i quickly push that idea aside, that would wake her and put an end to my secret inspection. My eyes travel down from her face to her chest. Those tiny scars just adding to her perfection. Without those scars Lisa wouldn't be the person she is today and although i wish she hadn't had to endure the pain i thank god that she is strong enough to pull through and make something of her life and is still able to love the way she does. She has become so incredibly generous and quietly compassionate which will only grow stronger when our child arrives. Lastly my gaze falls upon the bottom half of her body where unsurpisingly there is the familar sight of her morning glory standing tall and proud underneath the thing white sheet. In all the time i have known Lisa and have woken up in her bed she has always had an erection, Every morning. Without fail. What more could a girl ask for?

I stretch my arms and legs quietly as not to disturb Lisa, trying to rid the stiffness of sleep . The light bounces off my engagement ring. The diamonds sparkle and gleam in the early morning sunlight. In some ways this ring is ridiculous. My fingers are fairly slim and dainty so having a huge rock around them can sometimes be an effort but 99% of the time i only admire it. I hadn't notice until a few days after Lisa's proposal that there is a enscription on the inside of the band. It reads:

In my heart forever and always

For a woman who claims to be troubled and damaged she sure has a romantic and caring streak. My eyes flick between the twinkling ring, my still flat stomach and the woman dozing beside me. This is my future all wrapped up in one. Mixed emotions surge through me: Happiness, fear for my unborn child and the dangers that lie ahead, apprehension, what if i am a terrible mother? A bad wife? What if i can't handle everything?

"Stop thinking so much. It is disturbing me!" A voice laced with sleep breaks through my thoughts

"Sorry" I apologize

"Don't be. What's going on in that beautiful head baby? She nuzzles into my neck and i curl my arms around her head and start to play with her hair.

"Oh the usual stresses. "

"Hey stop that! Let me handle all the worry".

"Okaaaay Lisa." I reply sarcastically and roll my eyes. Seriously like its just something i can just turn off. She rubs her eyes and reaches for her phone on the bedside table.

"I have just recieved an email from that charity we got in touch with the other day. They have arranged for us to visit a family". Since the doctor appointment we have both done our fair share research and even got in touch with a local charity for some more information. I go in for the tests in a few days so we wanted to be prepared before.

"Oh yeah that sounds like a good idea. Whereabouts?"

"I don't know, they said they would send me the details later."