Shared Cigarettes

*3rd person*

Ellie stood outside the bar,in the rain,in only her dress.

She was smoking a cigarette and staring out in the rain.

First day on the job and she already made an embarrassment out of herself.

"Guess i'll always be the embarrassment in this family..." Ellie mumbled for herself,not expecting an answer.

"I don't think so" A familiar voice spoke and Ellie turned around.

"Oh i am sorry i didn't see you there Mr Shelby,can i get you something?" Ellie asked and held her cigarette between her fingers.

"No,i just wanted to apologize for my brothers behavior,he really need a lesson in respect" Tommy replied and walked over to Ellie.

Ellie saw Tommy eyeing the cigarette and she handed it to him,but he did not make an effort to grab it.

Ellie sighed and put the cigarette against his lips,turning away from his face quickly.

Tommy chuckled for himself.

"tsk tsk now who made you so sensitive?" Tommy asked and Ellie scoffed and crossed her arms.

"What makes you think i'll tell you that?" Ellie asked and Tommy sighed.

"Your right,i am not thinking you'll tell me,i know you'll tell me,let's try again,who made you so sensitive?" Tommy asked impatiently.

"An ex,i don't wanna talk about it" Ellie replied.

Tommy nodded.

"See? i told you,is Mr Shelby happy now?" Ellie asked.

"Yes,Good girl" Tommy said and took the cigarette away from his lips,only to put it against hers.

"Good evening Miss Burgess" Tommy said and walked back inside.

"But i didn't tell you my-" Ellie started but stopped when she realized he didn't listen since he had walked back inside.

"how the hell does he know my last name?" Ellie asked herself that question over and over again,but could never get an answer.

Ellie heard footsteps approaching but it was too dark for her to see.

"Who's there?" Ellie shouted but she got no reply.

She shouted again

No reply.

Ellie turned around and faced the rain,she saw a silhouette approaching her.

"excuse me sir what do you-" Ellie started but stopped talking when she was pushed against the wall.

"I am inpatient Grace,i need the information now,or i'll kill your sister" A male voice growled and Ellie looked around,searching for help

"I swear i am not Grace" She said but the voice chuckled.

"Don't play innocent Grace,were inpatient,so hurry up or we will kill your sister" The man said,then walked off,leaving a shaken Ellie behind,still pressed up against the wall.

Ellie finally calmed down a bit and walked into the bar again,this time pissed off.

She ignored Arthur,John and Tommy looking at her dark eyes when she stormed past them at the bar.

"What the hell Grace?!" Ellie shouted and her sister turned to her,looking slightly worried.

"Your a f*cking spy?!" Ellie growled and Grace stared at her sister.

"Some F*cing dude attacked me,thinking i were you" Ellie spat at her sister.

Tommy rose from the chair quickly,put his cap on and walked over to Ellie.

"How did he look?" Tommy asked and Ellie turned to Tommy

"How the f*ck should i know?! it was bloody dark out there!" Ellie screamed,feeling the alcohol in her body,making her angrier.

"How many glasses of Whiskey have you taken?" Grace asked and Ellie scoffed.

"Is that any of your business you F*cking liar?" Ellie asked,still angry at her sister.

"Two bottles" said Harry from behind Grace.

"What the hell Eleonore! you know you have drinking problems!" Grace shouted back at her sister,putting fuel on the flames.

"I don't F*cking care!" Ellie shouted back before turning towards the door,ready to leave.

"Calm down" Tommy said and grabbed her wrist.

"Just because we talked out there doesn't mean you mean something to me,back of you F*cking Peaky Blinder" Ellie growled and stormed out of there,with Tommy running right after her.

"This is not gonna turn out well,either she kicks his a$$ or she's dead" John mumbled.

"I bet 3 she'll beat his a$$" Arthur stated and put his money on the table.

"Hah,i put 5 she'll be beaten half to death by the morning,or even worse,cut to pieces" John stated and put his money on the table.

"What the hell?" Grace mumbled and hit her head in the bar.

-------------------------------------

"Calm down alright?" Tommy said,calmly but still with a slight anger in his voice.

"Calm down? how the hell am i supposed to calm down? my sister is a F*cking spy and that man said he'd kill-" Ellie started but saw how Tommy's eyes darkened.

"What did he say?" Tommy asked and looked at Ellie.

"Nothing" Ellie replied and Tommy grunted.

"What did he say?" Tommy asked again,this time he clenched his jaw.

"Nothing!" Ellie shouted and Tommy scoffed.

"What the hell did he say!?" Tommy shouted.

"He said he'd kill someone Grace cares about,some guy i don't even know who it is,why do you care?" Ellie lied straight to his face and Tommy calmed down.

he didn't trust her fully but he had to,the girl was maybe telling the truth.

"Alright,just tell your sister about it" Tommy said.

"You can let go of my wrist now,it hurts" Ellie mumbled and looked away.

Tommy looked down and saw that he had probably grabbed her wrist without noticing while he was screaming.

He removed his hand and there was a red mark left on her arm.

"Tell Grace i am going home" Ellie mumbled and walked away into the rain.

Tommy looked around,then walked back to the bar.

The night was still young and much could happen,but not tonight.....