PROLOGUE

A new day is certainly the best way of starting fresh, it hasn't been easy for me  to survive with guilt of how I had blamed my best friend and now I feel it's the time I apologise to him. I slide into my tee-shirt, out of my bed, I tie the laces of my shoe take the keys and walk down to my avenger but before I could leave my father called
"You're to pick up your mom" I waited for a while but I know I'll be able to make it so I take a deep breath before replying.

"I'll be there Dad." He nodded at me, later I drove to his apartment.

'Sherman Chris' the name plate read, I reconfirmed my mind to know, before I, there's no response.
I knock again and he comes out in his shirt which is half buttoned.

"You with someone?" I asked instantly, again swallowing in the doubt, but don't forget my main motive to apologise, apologise for the blames I have put on him.
He yawns before replying.

"Was asleep" I nod and tried to get into his house but he blocked my way.

"You still angry with me?" He doesn't reply and I kneel down with water flowing out of my eyes, the tears I have been stopping for a very long time chose to run out in front of him

"I am really sorry Sherman, I don't even know what to say or how to apologise but all I know is that you're my best friend and it was a mistake that I ever thought of you snatching away my girlfriend, I was being so idiotic but I apologise.
You're more than just a friend you're like my brother. Punish me for how I made assumptions about, but don't banish me from your life." He looked disinterested, which was justified. I made him distrust me.

I was still on my knees, when he finally decided to reply.
"Don't cry over a girl, with me today, with fifty different guys tomorrow." I could not believe what I heard, I couldn't digest what was said, I was speechless.
Did he right away accept cheating on me with my girlfriend.
I help myself stand on my feet and try to enter his house but he pushes me back and warns me to leave.
I did not look back to him and walked down while my phone rings and it said 'Scarlet.'
I ignored it first and kept it in my pocket, it kept buzzing several times. I didn't want to talk to her, but she kept irritating, I decided to turn off my phone but I saw my mother's number.
I reply her with a text
'Will be there in a while.'

And that's when I receive a message.

'I need your help. Please'

~Scarlett

I might have been mad at her but I haven't stopped loving her and still care for her. I asked her for the location and checked it immediately and drove to her as fast as possible, with one hand I kept texting scarlet if she was okay and used another for driving.

A truck passed by my side while Scarlet texted me to hurry, before I could reply to her another truck passed by my side this time I failed to save myself and the back corner of it directly hit my head.