THIRTY EIGHT

NICOLAS'S POV:

I think my decision to call her went right, until I felt a little guilty seeing her cry. She kept crying over the call for a very long time telling me about her sister Nandini. The same girl she posted a story with.

She hung the call and right after texted a thank you, which was absolutely not needed. But the other thing she sent was unbelievable, unexpected and unimaginable.

'I love you.'

What's that for tho?
Is it an I REALLY LOVE , 'i love you.'

Or it's a friendly one?

Or it's a thank you one?

Or it's a i am fine now?

Or it's a brotherly i love you?

Or it's a sent by mistake text?

I take a deep breath and wait she has to delete it and tell me that she sent it by mistake.

But the text stays, and she starts typing again, after which I realise that I should at least let her know that I love her too.

'ilyto.' that's how I reply, a little weirdly, a little too awkward moment but I see her changing the topic so I get carried away.

It's been like over a week of continuously talking to her and every time I've, I just felt bad for her being stuck with a boy who doesn't respect or value her.

All this man has to tell her is how worthless she is and who no one would love her, I mean seriously? She is just so lovable, how can someone not love her? But he is a dickhead.

It's March 20, and one more time I'm reminded of everything that went by me in the past because of Scarlett and Shermann, only two people I trusted cheated on me.

I look at my phone and there's a snap from Harini, I open it and it's a cute picture of her, I screen record it because I don't want her to know that I'm stalking her or saving her pictures with me. Yes it's unethical but I've saved her pictures through the classes, everytime she turned on her camera. I just love looking at her.

I wanted to talk to her so I send a snap of me.

She replied immediately and I felt important.
I replied with my snap again, it continued for a while, till she starts typing. I pause and wait.

"Are you crying?" She texts.

"No!" I lie, or I think I don't because I wasn't, i was only sad.

"Yes you're, wait give me a moment I'll call you." She drops this text and before I could prepare myself she calls me. She video calls me.

I know I've seen her over screen a lot of times during classes but video calls, I'm not sure if I am ready to face time her, meanwhile I'm busy thinking if I should or not, she texts again.

"Answer the call or I'll kick your butt right away." I chuckled a bit before answering the call.

"Yes so Mr. Nicolas Hemsworth, what's it that is bothering you?" No excuses, no beating around the bush, she comes straight to the point. I like her.

"Nothing really, felt a bit low."

"And care to share." I want to, I wanted to only that I didn't know how to start. I was happy and sad at the same moment, so I pressed my ring against the ring finger of my right hand, so that I felt the pressure and I didn't smile in front of her because she called me because I was crying and I don't want her to feel that I'm some lunatic who played so that she calls.

"Come on Nic, I didnt filter anything while telling you about Santino. Trust me you don't have to either. You can trust me."

"Well, you have to promise me something before I say anything."

"Yeah, I won't tell it to anyone." As if i ever thought she would, and even if she did I don't have a care for that.

"No idiot.
I know you won't. I want you to promise me that whatever Santino said to you and made you believe, all the bad about you. You'll not think about it and just know you're the best and also after your bad experience in love with him, don't just go on thinking love is a bad thing. Don't lose hope in love and never let someone in who might actually love you." I said something that would make her feel better but also I was clearing my path too, I don't want her to push me away just because of the bad experience he gave her.

She smiles at me, then say. " I doubt someone could be there, but yes whatever." I smile back before I start with my story.

I tell her everything, everything about Scarlett and Shermann.

How I've dated her for 5 years and yet she decided to cheat on me, how Shermann have been my best friend for 12 years yet he decided to be the one my girlfriend cheated with.

I did not want to hide anything from her, nothing absolutely nothing so I had to put the bad experience in front of her as well. I did tell her about Scarlett and also did not hide how I got used to physical contacts everyday and stayed numb for six months without trusting my parents or stepping outside my room.

I know telling her all this could hurt her, all of this might distance her from me but I don't want to start our journey with a lie.

She listens patiently, I take a deep breath after i finish. I wait for her to respond.

"Ummm. It all happened in the past, and that's not you anymore so don't keep it in your mind Nic. "

"Yes, but I don't want you to feel bad about me."

"I don't. Whatever you did. The physical relationships, did make me feel bad about you, I mean I don't really understand why but since you had the audacity to accept it, I'm with you."

"Means?" She is with me? What did she mean by that .

"Nic I'll talk to you later."

_________________________________________

Tadaaaa
Another chapter.
All the secrets opening one by one.
Curtains coming down.
Is it the beginning?

Thanks
Love
Aaliya 💕😘