Five

“Both of them works I guess.” I laugh after replying which leaves her to give me weird looks.

“You are insane.”

 “I know.” I wink at her and she pushes her hands against my chest.
“Had your personal talks?” my mom asks entering my room with nothing in her hand, because I thought she went for water and then I immediately realise, she left because she thought we needed personal space.

“No, it’s nothing like what you assuming in your head.” I tell her but she doesn't seem  convinced to which Jasmine says.

“Could be but.” winking at me, while I was confused about how to reply, so I take myself off my bed and chose the most clichéd way of running of the situations, which is going to the washroom but trust me I really wanted to for long.

“Mom, pass me the towel when I ask.” I tell her from inside and I hear the whispers I think she is about to leave. Even though Jasmine is a nice person but I don't like her flirting skills, like why do you have to when you can hang out with me as friends.
Can she? I am asking this to myself by the way, because I don't remember many outings in these two years so I doubt if I still like them.

There is a knock at my bathroom door, to which I do not respond but my mom stays talking by herself.

“How many times do you take shower son?”

“Well, that is once a week I guess.” I reply giggling after coming out of the washroom because I only wanted to pretend in front of her so that she leaves early.

“What’s the matter son?”

“Nothing like what you’re thinking of mom. She is just a friend that's it.”

“I know, had it been more you would  have  not pretended to take shower one day after the other.” She laughs. “But there's definitely something you’re hiding. Care to share?”

“Why is it so necessary for you to insult me on my face?”

“Because I love you, you know.” She says and takes a seat on the side couch, while I follow her on the couch right beside it.

“Mom.” As I start to speak she looks at me and says that it’s okay  I can go slow and tell her.

“Why are our lives supposed to be so chaotic?

“That is why we call it lives.” She says and I kneel down in front of her.

“But mine is a little more.”

“Because, you’re his favourite. His first choice to examination.” She says as I place my head on her lap and she runs her hand through my hairs.

“Isn’t it too dialogtic?” I say feeling ashamed of my vocabulary because I know that’s not even a word but I still chose to use it as I am bad at words, even though I feel a bit ashamed but relaxed at the same time because she laughs.

“Love you mom.” She looks at me and smiles.

“Can I ask you a personal question?” I nod at her.

“What are your future plans?” she says.

“Well, since I have completed  schooling two years back, I was lost certainly. But right now I am planning to take some fashion school you know. I've applied in some universities, wherever it'll take me."

“ I didnt mean it like that though but your idea is quiet impressive if this is what you want to continue with. But really wanted to know how do you know about your counselling and stuff?”

“Well, through IPD. I mean I am not exactly sure about things but online counselling for graduation arts school firstly then later in Instuto Marogoni or Saint Martin’s.”

“I must say the choices are quiet impressive but why graduation?” she asks the questions to which I dont really have any reply because I myself don't know.

I shrug my shoulders after which she continues to speak.

“Hope you achieve what you want. But my question was a bit different than this.” I ask her to continue.

“I meant about your social life. If you know what I mean.” I raise a brow at her and chose to stay silent, and then she continues to speak.

“Weird how Sherman is enjoying his social and love life and not even bothering to care about you.”

“Mom?” I look at her unbelievably .

“Weird how you were there at midnight when you needed him but he isn’t even in the morning.”
“Enough mom.” I raise my voice.