THIRTY SIX

NICOLAS'S POV

My heart was weeping, seeing her cry that time, I also feel absolutely helpless when she kept crying to me and I had nothing to explain to her but listen and stay there on call.

Though she thanked me for being there but I do not know how to make her feel better but I knew she needed her time so I didn't text her all day.

It was almost midnight, I am in a habit of checking her what's app status, then I saw her online so decided to text her.

She did not reply for a while so I kept my phone aside, after a few minutes I checked on her again, she was still online but didn't see my message.

Her ignorance made me go in another doubt if I were just someone to listen to her problems and a neglected object when not in problem. Am I just a thing to her.

But hey wait! Isn't that what you wanted to accept? Just been there for her when she needs it and not expect anything more.
Well of course, I was first happy being around her, next I was okay being known to her, and then I was happy as long as she was happy but I started to expect more from her, why? The answer is unknown but the more I see of her, the more I expect from her.
The less she is there, the less important I feel.

Putting my thoughts aside and shutting down my phone I go into  sleep mode.

It's another day of classes and just another morning I'd be waiting for her to turn on her camera.
I join the class, check for evryone out there, she isn't there yet but any moment she must be and that very moment, a notification oops up that Harini Vishwanathan joined the class.
I scroll up to her screen but the camera is off, I wait for the modulator to warn her about it but seems she has a reason, my message was not seen yet so I decide not dropping another text, I don't want to look desperate.
I keep looking at that name over and over again, miss onto listening to what was going on in the class. I look at my phone again and see that there's an update by Heather on what's app, it's a what's app status.
Since I also turn on the notification everytime she posts something on Instagram, I got the notification.

They were very much the same story, which said something weird. Something heart breaking but I didn't know what.

The story said
"You asked me to not cheat on you but you cheated on me piglet."

And it was a picture with some girl.
She turned off her story replies on Instagram, and she haven't replied to me since last night I thought she'd not reply again and instead do a more stupid thing, which seems right, at the moment.

I call her.