THIRTY FIVE

NICOLAS POV

A month passed since I broke my phone and had no access to talking to Harini, but she continuously updated me on telegram on every assignment.

How can someone not love her?
I mean, she is so lovable.

I had this outing with my family of course because I don't have anyone to call my friend.
Nothing much happened except the fact that my phone broke right on the day of Valentine when I was almost one step back from telling her about my feelings.
I know I could have bought a new phone, but that phone has all the pictures of Heather I don't wanna lose that's why it's still in repair.

"Nic!" That's mum who just came into my room, and guess what! It was a phone. I wanted to cry right then. I hugged mom and she was a little awkward but she then handed me over my phone and left.

The first thing I did was install what's app, restored my chats and texted her.

"Hey! I am back." I wait for her response because she texted me back last time within seconds, but it's not the same always.

Hours passed by but she never responded.

Though i was worried and was impatient for the response but I just could not call her and ask what really happened.
But wait maybe i could? But I didn't.

"Heyy" a text reply, finally. I immediately opened the text and asked if she was alright.

"Yeah, just been out." She replied.

"Some work or just like that?" I asked to initiate the conversation further. I kept stretching the conversation till she said that she got to study and left.

It's never ending, the peace when I'm with her and all the happiness she gives me when she replies to just one text. Oh Harini, the girl of my dream, I know I couldn't have imagined my life without her at least not after meeting her. She has been the sweetest of all, whereas it's the best time while talking to her though there are just very few chances that I would get to meet her but I'm happy at least been that person she recognises in her life.
Well, I think now I can call her as my friend.
How I wish she didn't leave right now but realising that it's already 1am by now, she stayed a bit more than I expected. Though I didn't know what she'd be thinking but she never made me feel if she was thinking anything at all.

I close my eyes to relax.

"Oh so you're here Nic, I have been waiting for you. "

"Were you? I'm sorry but I was in a traffic." I apologise to her but instead of being angry or upset, she turns towards me not even trying to flaunt her perfect features but makes my heart melt as quickly as her eyes meet mine and I melt more when she start running towards me, I am busy looking at her and don't even realise when she just leaps into my arm and fit in perfectly. I hold her and my hands automatically find its way towards her hair and I start playing with her hairs when she giggles and release herself from my grip, wink at me before running.

I follow her through the grasses, then wood but it's weird when she hides in the cupboard but I do not find her when I reopen the cupboard door.

"Hey, Harini?" No reply.

"Harini you there?"

On not finding her inside the cupboard, I come out and head back to where I first saw her, but what I see is weird, dangerous and confusing.

She was hanging from the .....

My phone rang and the delusion broke, I don't know if it's delusion or what, but I just see her everywhere.

Like right now, it's only 7 in the morning but I am seeing her name over my phone's screen and suddenly it disappeared.

I lay down but then I rethink and recheck and it was her, for real.
I call her back and she picks it up within seconds.

"You called!" I ask.

" Yeah by mistake. Bye." She hung up but her voice tremmered and I somehow knew that she was in some trouble and needed me.

I call her back and she starts crying.

"Harini, hey Harini just stop please. At least tell me what happened." I ask but she continues to cry and I feel so helpless for not being of any help.

"Am I that bad Nicolas?" She asks after sobbing for almost half an hour.

"No Harini, you're not bad at all, you're just the best."

"Please don't lie to me, I know I'm bad that's why he is leaving me on a note that no one would ever love me."

Wait what? Who's leaving whom? I'm not understanding. What is she talking about?
Is she talking about her boyfriend? Does she having the breakup.? Or already had? But why is that man telling her that no one would ever love her

"Umm, Harini I'm not sure of what you're saying."

"Nic, I told you that I had a boyfriend." To be honest, I do not remember but she might have told me maybe I only wanted to avoid that information about her thus I forgot to remember this detail about her.

"He is leaving me, and he may leave if he wants to but he doens't have to just push me through things na, he just can't keep telling me how bad I am.
If he has problems with me and doesn't want to stay anymore, it's perfectly fine and he may leave too but nothing gives him the right to tell me my worth."

"Yes absolutely." I agree, I mean what a dickhead.

___________________________________________

I know the updates were uploaded 2 years back, the book was paused but since it's back. I want you all to be as interactive.

~ Aaliya Shahreen 💗
Continue reading.