TWENTY FOUR

What if these online classes meant that she wouldn't be part of my batch? Or what if she withdrew herself altogether?

I wanted to kill corona for this. 
But before I could, it would kill me. Thanks for reminding me, mind.

The classes started, from 9 to 2. God knows what on earth I was doing in those classes. It was nothing extraordinary, just a normal introduction session, which I thought was over. 
I kept searching for Harini Vishwanathan throughout, but not finding her disappointed me. I realized that maybe she wasn’t in my destiny. But if she wasn’t, why did she ever cross paths with me?

Why do you play with me every time I think things are getting better?

That girl isn’t mine, I guess can’t be. She’s far from my standards, and I think that’s why she’s being distanced every time.

"Sorry, Mr. Brown, got late." I was just about to give up when I heard that familiar voice I’d been waiting for.

Harini Vishwanathan. 
Again! 
Thank you, Jesus! I’m so glad you made her fit into the same class as mine. I’m so thankful to you. I’ll definitely come to the Church as soon as I’m free from my classes.

I paused to search for her one more time, but before I started scrolling, I checked my door and locked it because this time, I didn’t want Zur to disturb my view of her. It could also be Mom or Dad, so I locked it before sitting back in my chair to search for her one more time. I finally found her, but I wasn’t sure if I was right to pin her on my screen because I didn’t know.

Is that you? Is this really how you behave, Nicolas Hemsworth? I mean, sure, she’s attractive, but I don’t think the original me would act like this. Let it be.

I soon realized that what I was about to do wasn’t exactly pleasing, so I left it at that and got back to paying attention to my class.

I was busy scribbling the rough sketch of the film script that was to be performed. Online!

Why does this online existence have to be like this? 
Had it not been online, I’d have been seeing Harini live, right in front of me, or who knows, maybe just beside me. 
Aah! Okay, I guess I’m being greedy. Sorry, Jesus.

But then I changed my mind—my mind about not seeing her. I mean, what harm could it do if I looked at her for a few minutes? I scrolled down through all the profiles with their cameras on, but my eyes landed on hers yet again. She was looking down at her notebook, busy writing, just like I had been a few minutes before my eyes found her.

I pinned her on my screen, and for a few minutes, I kept looking at her. When I finally glanced at the clock, I realized an hour had passed, and the class had ended.

---

I hope you're all enjoying the story so far. Please let me know in the comment section, and don’t forget to vote and share the story.

Also, stay tuned! 
Love, 
Aaliya 💓