Chapter 16

" I was abused by my owner, they killed my only pup." She said her voice laced with grief as brownie told me what happened to her. I heard paw steps of the humans and looked up.
"Hi sweety, your going to get a nice grooming and check up today," the female human said. She opened the den, put a green rope around my neck and led me down a long, white tunnel. I got lifted up onto a cold, hard, table. She felt my back, tail, and stomach.
The female tried to touch my crippled paw, but I got intimated and growled as I slowly backed away. The wall behind her suddenly opened and a young, female human stepped in. She hand long, red, wavy hair flowing over a white shirt with a picture of a black wolf on it. Her cheeks and nose were dotted with freckles. Her scent seemed familiar on my nose.
"Faith!" I barked and ran to the edge of the table.
"Mom! It's the dog I told you about!" Faith said cheerfuly.
" Well, you'll be glad to know that she will have puppies."replied the female,"but she is so scared she won't let me see her paw."
"Let me try." she said. Faith moved toward me, reached over to my paw and felt around.
" She is fine, her paw just healed improperly. It causes no pain." Faith said.
Then Faith put the green rope back on my neck and led my down the tunnel into another mysterious room. She gently lifts me up and puts me in a shiny, metallic tub. Faith grabs something, and water starts to run from it. She puts it over my head and body, soaking me. The water was mysteriously warm. I fell and weird substance on my back, faith rubbing it into foam. She lathers my legs, tail, and head, then rinses me off with the portable stream of warm water. All of a sudden I feel wind and see it is coming from another odd metallic device. I am soon all dry and brushed, my coat shining. She leads me back to Brownie and leaves me with my new friend. I curled up and fall asleep after eating some more hard, dry kibble.
Hi guys, hope you enjoyed this short chapter. Thank you so much for 1000 reads!!!