Chapter 9

I sat in the pup den with creek, Lily, White and the pups. I could hear the growls, snarls, and whimpers of both the bear and the wolves. It went on for a while until I heard an angry snarl of the bear then, it's whimpers as it lumbered away. As me and white cautiously walked out of the den, the smell of blood hit my nose. White ran immedetly to go treat the injured. I spotted Night and ran over to him. He was hunched over ... Squirrel. I limped faster and sat beside him. Squirrel had a deep gash in her side that was bleeding heavily. " Squirrel!" I yelped. "I go get white, luna stay here with squirrel." Said Night. " Luna?"said squirrel ."yes?" I said "did we win against the bear?" Before I could answer white came running with Raven and River, who were probably helping White." Raven, River help me and Luna carry squirrel to the medicine den." We all listened to white and carefully carried her to the den. We set her down on a soft nest. "You can go Luna." Said white. I left the den and found lily with Titan, Stone, and 6 wolves I reconiesd but did not know the names of. "Hi" I greeted them then sat beside lily. "Have you met the regulars?" Asked Stone. I shook my head."We'll this is Fire, Blizzard, Ivy, jay, fawn, and Oak." He said pointing to each with their names. I chatted with the Wolves until night fell. I got up and walked over to the medicine den to check on squirrel. I entered and saw her asleep . Then I left to the pup den. I went over to Shadow and Amber and curled up with them.

Two month time skip because nothing really interesting happens----------------

" and lastly I award river her new place as in grey pack as a regular wolf." Anouced Titan. River bowed her head then joined her four friends in their new place as regular wolves. The ceremony ended and I went to go see how Lily , who was now quite big, was doing. I walked over to the usual sunny spot were me and her chat. But she wasn't there. I suddenly remembered that she went out into the forest. I left camp and followed her scent until I heard a terrified howl. I broke into a some what of a sprint. I ran out of the brambles into a field and saw her cowering away from a ..... Big cat. That must be a bobcat I thought thinking back to a story about one that lily told me. I was just about to jump into action when a dog jumped out from the bushes and attacked the bobcat. A dog I instantly recognized.