Chapter 3

A month passed since Faith had helped me. My leg had healed but not properly. It was twisted inward and I can't move it. It's useless. I was struggling to find food, since I can't jump into dumpsters and pushing over trash bins was really hard. 'Chicken!' I thought when I saw the bucket tipped over full of chicken. I limped as fast as I could and feasted. When about half was gone a I saw a cat looking at the food. I growled but realized that there was kittens with her. I walked away and let them have the rest.
Suddenly, a dog darted across the street and a car slammed into it. The human, a young lady , jumped out of the car and crouched down beside the dog, then carefully picked it up, put it in her car and drove away.' That's it! This city is not safe. I'm starving! I must go and live in forest.' I ran, well, limped fastly, to the end of the city. I finally reached the little hollow tree I sheltered in as a pup and curled up inside. I woke up the next morning starving . I divided to hunt like mother used to do. I spotted a rabbit about three box lengths away and dropped into a clumsy hunter's crouch. I slowly , and clumsily , walked closer And closer to the rabbit . I lunged and got the rabbit. I killed it by biting its neck.
Then a huge fox jumped out of the bushes. 'I can't fight!' I thought. The fox wrestled me to the ground. "Help" I howled. The fox was just a bout to bite my neck when a.... wolf tacked the fox over. She scratched him and bit him the let him go. The fox back into the forest . I turned to the wolf.
"Hello. Thank you" I said.
"You're welcome. I am Lily, alpha female of my pack." said Lily dipping her head. "You are not safe alone. Would you like to join my pack? And White can look at that leg if you like."
" Thank you. I will accept your offer." I bowed my head then she got up and I followed limping behind her.