Chapter 4 - What is This Feeling?

Happy late halloween? Hope you all had fun with whatever you did, but let's get on to the story, shall we?

Later that day (From Chapter 3)

Bill's Perspective

"Hey Pinetree!" I say with a large smile growing across my face. But I hear no response, no rustling of bed sheets. Nothing. I walk up to his bed, growing panicky. "Pinetree?" I begin to slam closets and doors, looking every where for him Has he left, escaped? Does he not like this better than the shack?

"Pinetree? Dipper! Where are you?" Tears falling out of my eyes, I fall to the floor in distress, fear of losing him already. But then distant screams of my name are called from the halls. I look up, and to my surprise I see Pinetree, running down halls, calling for me, but I wasn't there for him. 

His eyes glow with hope, and like a child running up to their parent or parents, he jumped into my arms, and had no intention of letting go. A strange feeling was filling me, is this what humans call...love? I kept him in my arms, and when I looked up to see the culprit of his misery, it was the one and only Pyronica. Beginning to snarl, Pinetree placed his head at the crook of my neck, which somehow, I'm not really sure how but it calmed me. "Pyronica, what were you doing. Now." Anger still lingered in my voice, although, Pinetree's coping mechanism is helping. " Oh nothing~ Just, playing around, weren't we?" She spilled. Malice was the only thing falling from than large gob of hers, and i could see she was clearly at fault. "Stay away form Pinetree, am I clear?" She produced a small whisper but I still yelled, "Am I clear?!" 

"Yes sir, sorry sir" And the she hastily scrambled away.

I pull Pinetree closer to me, taking his scent. Flowers, pinetrees, faint hint of cologne and vanilla. It was sweet, yet felt safe and loving at the same time. I wanted to stay like this, just stay sat curled up together, but after a while, the silence was broken.

"I'm sorry, I-I shouldn't have gone wandering around the Fearamid, I'm sorry, I didn't mean for this to happen," He grips harder on my sweater, nails almost going through the cotton. "Sorry Bill...I should've been more careful."

"It's alright, how about we just calm down for a bit? Try and breathe, okay? Just calm down, go to sleep, alright?" I feel him nod, and I begin to stand, walking to his room. I silently open the door, and lay him in his bed. With a click of the fingers, he's in pyjamas. And I turn to leave the room and hear, "C-can you stay here?" His voice is weak, and shaky, still affected by the earlier events. I slide into bed with him, and he immediately clings to me. Not long after we both fell asleep, limbs tangled together.

Sorry this wasn't as long as promised, I have a concussion and a bruised, swollen nose.

-cottoni-