Bet

Y/n and Draco are on their way to the quidditch pitch since their teammates were already at the pitch to play against the Gryffindor team. It was the finals of the quidditch season, and Y/n always knew it would be heated since the Gryffindors and Slytherins are always aiming for their necks.

"I can't wait to show those Gryffindors who we are," Draco smugly said. I let out a chuckle as we turned left in the corridor. "How dare they say that we're going to lose just because they won these past years."

"You know, Draco, if you didn't mind Potter in second year and just played your position, we won't lose those past years. I mean, really? 'Training for the ballet?'" I rolled my eyes as I remember when he just insulted Potter while one of the bludgers was jinxed by someone.

"And third year when you were a literal a drama queen by being attacked by a hippogriff who can't be insulted which you did" I can feel he rolled his eyes in my back "and you even dressed up as a dementor who is the foulest creature as a fucking joke?" I irritated said to my best friend as run up to me so we could walk together.

"You should be my mother in my next life of how you scold me for my doings." He jokingly said. I let out a sigh and shook my head when I heard that.

"Oh, shut up. Even though you're not my son, you're still a headache." He even looked at me like if I was serious about it, and yes, I'm serious about him being a headache and a pain in the ass.

"But admit it. It's funny if you're in that time, but now you're busy showing off to that mud– "I grabbed Draco's collar and pinned him at the wall as I gave him a death glare.

"Didn't I tell you to stop calling her that, Malfoy?" I can feel my jaw tightening. I can hear his small whimpers as I slowly choke him, and he looks at me with fear.

"Y-yes" After he said that, I immediately dropped him. I grabbed our brooms that Draco dropped, looked at him emotionless, and put his broom aside since he was still taking his breath.

"Draco, we already agreed to drop that prejudiced name-calling when I told you I like her," I told him as he held his neck and looked at me with his eyebrows furrowed.

"I-I'm sorry, you know it's a habit that I called them that," He fixed his jersey and patted it. "You should have just punched me in the arms instead of choking me" He grabbed his broom.

"Deserve." I plainly said to him. We continued to walk to the pitch, but someone with bushy browned hair greeted us.

"Where's your bodyguards, Granger?" Draco teased. I just smirked beside him and admired Granger lovingly.

I started to fancy her in the second year, but I wasn't vocal about it until the third year, and that was, I began to tease her to get her attention, and luckily it did work. I love to see her annoyed by my teases and how she scowls at me.

Despite all of that, I admired her dearly. I love how she focused on her tasks. I love how she scrunched her nose when she was confused when she didn't understand the lesson. I love how bushy her hair is. I love how she smiles, which gives me warmth, how her eyes remind me of fall, how she makes me feel so contented and safe when I'm with her.

"Leave me alone, Malfoy," Granger said as she heard Draco and continued to walk, but we didn't follow what she said.

"Oh, I will definitely leave you alone, but I think my best mate here" I tilted my head and smirked at her, but she just glared at me with pure hatred.