Stood up

It's been four hours, and still no Hermione. Y/n waited for Hermione for four hours. After all, they will have dinner at madam puddifoot's tea shop because they will be celebrating their Third Anniversary. Y/n was tapping her shoes as she still waited for Hermione to arrive, but she couldn't ignore the people's whisper and staring because they knew she was standing up. They knew that her date stood her up.

Madam Puddifoot asked her when she would order her food, but she politely said she would call Madam Puddifoot when her girlfriend arrived. They planned this last week because they're busy, and they have tons of works since it's OWLs year and Umbridge hanging around Hogwarts. It's quite a massive headache.

She was awakened by Ginny, with Michael Corner, Y/n presumed that they were on a date. I mean, Madam Puddifoot's tea shop was famous because it was full of couples. She looked at the two with a forced smile.

"Y/n..." Ginny started and, Y/n knew that because she pitied the older girl, Y/n sighed, and she also knew that Ginny looked at her like that and the people inside the tea shop.

"It's fine Ginny, I know that she'll come."

"L/n isn't this for couples? Why're you all alone in this romantic place?" Michael asked her classmate. They knew each other but not that too well, but they're acquaintances since they're in the same house. Ginny nudged Michael because of how rude he was.

"I was waiting for Hermione-"

"Your girlfriend who is with her best mates?" Y/n's eyebrows met at the centre as Michael said that

"What do you mean?" Y/n asked the two as the couple gave a look at each other, and Ginny gave up and looked at Y/n because she knew it was for the best.

"Hermione was with Harry and Ron when we crossed path before going here and she looked like she doesn't have any plans today," said Ginny. She scoffed as soon as she heard that, but Y/n felt her heart sink as she listened to that because Hermione forgot their Anniversary and the date they planned last week. Y/n felt a lump in her throat as she tried to speak, but none came out.

"Y/n as your friend and Hermione's Best friend, you should go back to the castle because I can't see you wait here for nothing... I'm sorry about Hermione," Ginny said as she patted Y/n's back, and Michael looked at her with pity.

Y/n knew she was right, and she couldn't stand the people's stares and whisper anymore and the feeling that she was feeling right now. It was pure anger and pain that she was feeling right now. How could she? Y/n felt her heart shatter because how could she forget their day? Y/n stood and thanked Ginny and Michael for the little talk and paid at the counter where Y/n only ate an appetizer and drank some water as she waited for the bushy browned haired girl who didn't show up.

Y/n quickly returned to the castle as possible because her tears would no longer wait and would come out any second now. Y/n buried her face at the pillow as she arrived at her dorm, and her tears came out.

It was painful.

As Y/n calmed down and was tired from crying, she let herself sleep because she knew it was no point if Y/N would go to the Gryffindor tower and talk to Hermione, and she was tired do that.

---- ⚯ ❀ ⚯ ----

Morning came as Y/n felt her eyes swelling from the crying last night, her jaws clenched when she still felt her heart stay shattered. She started to fix herself for the class today, and it was she woke late today. When she finished fixing her Ravenclaw tie, she proceeded to the great hall for breakfast and was greeted by a smiley Cho but soon disappeared as she saw her best friend heartbroken.