Be Careful

Taehyung has a bored look on his face as he fiddles with a pencil, leaning with his cheek against the palm of his hand and trying to concentrate on the most boring lecture in the world. The lecturer is talking in a monotone voice, pacing in front of the blackboard, making him miserable. There is complete silence in the audience. Everyone seems to be asleep.

The omega glances at his wristwatch, noting that there are ten minutes left until the end of this lecture. Pulling out his phone from the pocket of his cream jacket, Taehyung opens the conversation with Jin and writes:

"Jinnie, would you like to have lunch together now?"

Kim answers almost immediately. His phone briefly vibrates, but no one notices. Definitely asleep.

"Okay. I'll meet you in the courtyard after this lecture."

Taehyung puts his phone back in his pocket and continues to examine the pencil in his fingers, hoping not to die of boredom before the lecture ends.

When the lecture ends, the omega grabs his bag and flies out of the lecture hall, exhaling in relief. He survived.

Taehyung walks out of the building with his head up towards the sky, where snow-white clouds occasionally float by, obscuring the golden sun every now and then. The warm breeze pleasantly caresses his skin and ruffles his fiery bangs that Taehyung unsuccessfully tries to fix with his fingers.

He sees Jin walking towards his faculty building and the omega quickly walks down the stairs, approaching his friend with a smile. The elder smiles faintly in return.

"Hey, Tae," he says, hugging Taehyung.

"I'm so hungry," Taehyung says indignantly, his bag hanging on the crook of his elbow and walks with Jin towards the university cafeteria. "This dull lecture has sucked out all my life-juices. I need some energy," he sighs, putting on round yellow glasses.

"Let's get some food then," says Jin, fiddling with the strap of the backpack thrown over his shoulder. "I think I know who your lecturer is," he grins, raising an eyebrow and making a guess. "Professor Choi?"

"Yes!" Taehyung laughs and nods in agreement. "He is a terrible lecturer. Old bore," the omega wrinkles his nose and Jin chuckles lightly in response.

"Try to put up with him until the end of the semester. He is quite generous with his grades. But it's important to attend his excruciating lectures," Jin explains with a shrug.

"I'll try my best," Taehyung said with a laugh as he pulled out his phone that was vibrating in his pocket.

A message from Jungkook lights up the screen:

"Hey, baby. I want to go for a ride with you tonight. And also get drinks."

Taehyung smirks and quickly types his answer, while he listens to Jin talk about how his philosophy lecture went.

"I hope you're not planning to get me drunk on cheap beer."

"I wanted to argue about the absurdity of life and death, but I kept quiet," Jin chuckles, furrowing his eyebrows. "It's better not to argue with that professor."

"Be patient, like me. All for the best results, my friend," Taehyung smiles, putting his arm around Jin while holding the phone with his and Jungkook's conversation still open in the other.

"Only the best for you, Mr. Kim ;)"

Taehyung, beaming with smugness, broadly smiles as he stares at the message. Jin notices this and arches an eyebrow in question. Chuckling as if he already knows whose name he's going to see, he takes a quick glance at Taehyung's phone screen.