Chapter 8

11th November 2019

RENEE

Spirituality was never really my thing.

I know that I've ascended through the various dimensions, reached the White Realm and even won the approval of the Enlightened, but when it came to birth charts, planets and crystals, I was still as clueless as ever.

And this evening, sitting in Clover's cosy living room, while hearing Clover and her Grandma Phyllis's conversation, it couldn't have been more cryptic to someone like me.

"It's exactly like she'd predicted, her Mars is terrible," Phyllis told Clover, as she peered into my birth chart she'd constructed a while ago.

Phyllis had met her friend Highest Spirit Dorothea Green over the weekend. Apart from other things, Mrs Green had told Phyllis why I couldn't reach the Before Realm.

"But Grandma Phyllis, what about her Venus?" Cloves questioned worriedly. "That doesn't match, does it?"

I sipped the tea they'd brewed for me, wondering why in the world could planets affect your life. Weren't they just balls of rocks and gas?

I pulled out a little notepad, jotting down the question so that I could ask Noah once I met him. It made me feel like Noah was closeby, and not some ethereal Pit of Darkness where he was tortured daily.

It gave me the hope that I would see him again.

"Venus doesn't play a role here. Besides, every other aspect seems to match," Phyllis pointed to the chart. Clover's eyes widened before she threw a concerned look in my way.

"What is it?" I asked quickly.

"Renee dear, have you been experiencing any blockages recently? A reduction in your energy?" Phyllis looked up, her gaze thoughtful as she watched me.

"Are you sleeping a lot these days? Do you feel more tired than usual?" Clover translated, sensing my confusion.

"No, I still feel the same," I shrugged.

Clover opened her mouth, but Phyllis shook her head, her pearly white gaze filled with sadness. An instant fear rose in the pit of my stomach, and I looked away, dreading whatever she wanted to say.

"It seems, the reason you haven't been able to reach the Realms is that you are..." Phyllis took a deep breath, "Severed."

Her words rang through the silence, Clover's mouth hung open, while I could only stare at Phyllis in shock, my mind unable to process what she'd just said.

"Grandma Phyllis, Renee can't be severed," Clover reminded immediately. "She's reached the White Realm."

"Renee isn't a member of the Enlightened," Phyllis replied, her voice wrinkly with worry. "And hence, my friend Dorothea Green thinks that Renee can be severed."

I don't normally cry.

But something about Phyllis's words sent the tears gushing down my cheeks, throwing the cosy room into a blur of brown and yellow. Suddenly the calming aroma of the incense sticks only suffocated me, and hope sank through me like an orange sunset at sea.

I was severed.

Nothing seemed to matter anymore.

"There has to be a way around this, right?" Cloves seemed to be asking. "Like, we just need to find a way to unsever her and..."

"Clover dear, I don't think there's a solution. Besides, Renee should refrain from using her device... It's simply useless at this point." Phyllis frowned as if she didn't really agree with what she'd just said.