Chapter 14

(A/N: Mild violence, darker themes and more swearing ahead.)

20th November 2019

NOAH

"JOHANNES!"

I screamed into the apartment, my eyes scanning around the empty living room and the pristine kitchen. Fresh flowers spilt from the porcelain vases, and the floor gleamed brighter than usual as if it had been polished.

"JOHANNES???"

I felt my voice tear at my throat, my head pounding in my ears, my heart ripping against my chest as the pain of her leaving quadrupled inside me.

And it was all his fault.

"JOHANNES! COME OUT YOU EVIL-"

I gasped at the end, my words getting lost in my mouth. Tears clouded my vision, my breathing heavy and ragged as I wondered if the evil bat was at home. He was, and the slight shuffling in his locked bedroom was enough to give me a lead.

"OPEN UP THE DOOR, YOU FOUL-" I slammed against the door, pausing abruptly as I heard a high pitched feminine laughter from the inside.

"-Claire, I think my son is here," Johannes spoke, his voice in a British accent and devoid of ultrasonic screeching.

Claire? Was he talking about my headmistress, Miss Claire?

He opened the door by a fraction, scowling at me as he adjusted the bathrobe slipping down his shoulder.

"Claire who?" I questioned, wondering why I was whispering too, "And what's with the bathrobe?"

"Why did you interrupt, Oliver?" He frowned, still retaining the accent. "Can't you see that I'm busy?"

"What are you..." My mouth fell open, as I pieced it together. "She's in there?"

"Yes, she's here," He urged, looking like he wanted me to disappear.

"And what is she, wait... You're... What the fuck?"

Normally, he would've chided me for swearing, but his mouth flattened into an evil smile.

"That's one way to describe my activity," He replied smoothly.

Oh my gosh.

"NOOO!" I screamed out, traumatised. "You can't, she's my headmistress-"

"That's not my concern," He gave me a malicious smile.

"Theodore? Are you still there?" Came out Miss Claire's voice, fainter than usual.

Like she was on a phone call.

Immediately, I opened the door wider, relieved to see that the bedroom was empty and that Johannes had simply been talking on the phone to her.

Ugh, could he be more annoying?

"Yes, Claire, love," He whispered back softly into the flat device. "I'll call you later, alright?"

And he cut the call, smirking at me all the while.

"Were you going to cry, Noah Stark?" He called out scathingly. "Does the idea of me sleeping with your headmistress traumatise you that much?"

I closed my eyes, cursing him in a billion ways, hating him more than I ever had.

Calm down, Noah.

Calm down.

Calm-

"You should get used to it, boy," He chuckled. "We're going on a date this week, and who knows, things may get a little... Saucy?"