Ameonna and Kurama

The sounds of birds. My mind registered that first as I slowly opened my eyes. It was Monday, I had to go to the Ninja Academy today. I sat up, stretching as my blue hair fell in my face. I pushed it away and started to get up.

The house was quiet, but it always was, my parents are dead. But I wasn't sad, they died protecting me, thirteen years ago when Ameonna, the yokai sealed in me, and Kurama, the Nine Tailed Beast almost destroyed Konoha. I was thirteen now today. I felt no different.

"You should though," I looked up on the mirror and saw the familiar blue hair and light orange eyes fade. In seconds, my entire image was gone and replaced by a woman, she looked about twenty, with long black wavy hair and black eyes. I smiled gently at Ameonna, she knocked on the mirror gently, I shook my head.

"Not right now, Ameonna, I'm in a hurry," I told her, going back to brushing my teeth. She rolled her eyes, leaning back in the reflection, pouting.

"But Kurama isn't much company! In fact, he's pretty rude! Hey I could do your makeup!" She said, sounding a little excited at the idea. But I laughed a little inside, the thought of this gothic, pale, and dead woman doing my makeup was so silly. I had to admit, she was beautiful, but in a sultry way, something dangerous.

I looked back up and told her, "you know that'd be nice, but it's just an excuse to get out." Ever since she escaped my mind and then sealed back in me again, she'd wanted back out. The seal for her was over my heart, a small intricate design of swirls.

"But you let me out before!" She pouted more.

It was true, I let her out once in awhile, especially when there were droughts. The reason for this because if her presence was stronger or her chakra slipped through me, it would rain. It also rained if I was feeling down. This was very inconvenient. The entire village knew when I was sad. If I wanted to be alone and be sad, it would rain. Ameonna wasn't sure why my moods made her influence on the weather evident.

I heard a knock at the door downstairs and I looked back, waving at Ameonna before I grabbed my shoes and stepped outside. My two friends Ino and Sakura outside waiting.

"Took you long enough, Konan!" Ino complained, throwing her hair over her shoulder. Sakura stayed quiet as we started the trek to the Ninja Academy.

"Did you practice for the exam today?" Sakura finally spoke as we walked, "I practiced all night!"

I nodded, "I got a little practice in before bed."

Ino smiled at me, "I hope you both do good!"

"But you'll do better right?" I grinned at her.

She scoughed. Sakura and I laughed as she said, "of course!" We had a nickname for her, we called her Princess Ino. Mostly because she was so spoiled. But Sakura and Ino have been a lot more competitive lately and we haven't been together as much as we used to. This made me worry if something happened and they weren't friends anymore but these morning walks always had me thinking it was nothing.

We reached the Academy, the sound of talking from our classmates came from the classroom. Iruka-sensei wasn't here yet.

"Konan-chan!" I heard Kiba, one of the boys in my class say in a greeting.

"Hey, Kiba," I smiled.

He looked into my eyes, he must of seen farther past my regular orange ones because he added, "and Ameonna and Kurama!" I could feel the approval of being recognized seeping out of Kurama, but I strangely felt nothing from Ameonna.

I nodded, he went back to his group of friends and I took my seat where I usually did, next to Ino and Sakura. I heard the sound of a door opening and looked up, seeing Sasuke Uchiha, the Academy's most attractive male.

My breath caught in my throat, but I quickly recovered. I glanced and saw Sakura and Ino practically drooling over him. I rolled my eyes and elbowed them both.

Before they could make any protests, Iruka walked in. "Iruka-sensei! Good morning!"

"Good morning, Konan," he said warmly. He faced the class, holding papers in his hands, "today is the exam. If you fail this, you'll have to retake it or you won't become a genin."

I held my head high, I was ready for this. I would pass this easily.

"First up is Uchiha Sasuke," Iruka said as he lined us up, I was three people after Sasuke, Ino and Sakura were towards the end of the line.

The exam was over soon, the only people that had problems were Choji and Sakura. Sakura said she couldn't concentrate very well. Either way, we all passed. We were all genin, the rookie nine.