The Trio of Ame

A/N: wanna guess what I like most? And what I use for determination to write these lovely chapters? VOTES AND COMMENTS!! :3 if you love me you'll vote it up and comment for how bad/good I wrote things. -Sammie

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The next couple of days were chaos.

Nagato has taken to Hinata Hyuuga and giving me his shell of silence. I got shrugs, eye rolls, 'eh's, or just plain stares from him. Training with him was difficult when he refused to assist me. I wondered if I had ruined our friendship.

One cloudy afternoon, I collapsed from exhaustion in the second half of training with Kakashi, Nagato, and Sasuke.

"Konan, move!" Sasuke shouted, analyzing Kakashi's chakra with his Sharigan. I obeyed and quickly threw myself to the left at the last second. Kakashi's chidori'd hand came dashing by, narrowly missing my shoulder. I panted, ready to tag someone else in. I saw Nagato sitting under a tree far off and shot him a glare. He didn't seem to be paying any attention.

As I was about to scream and yell at him, I felt a slight pressure on my lower back. "One thousand years of death!" I hear Kakashi yell as I was sent flying up into the air and landing into the river that lined our training field. I felt a slight pain on my bottom but otherwise I was more mad about my paper flower floating away in the river. And the fact that my clothes were now soaked.

Sasuke was above me in a second, offering me his hand as he stood on the water. I still hadn't mastered this. In fact, ever since the Third Hokage passed away, I was very behind in my studies. I often found it hard to focus because I could feel the unsettled chakra in me. I felt like a million bubbles trying to claw their way our of my pores. I took Sasuke's hand, letting him pull me up into a standing position.

"Very messy, Konan," I heard Kakashi inform me, standing on the grass beside Nagato. "You'll need more practice."

I nodded, "on the too of my list." I heard him talk to Nagato sternly. I couldn't make out the words but I could tell he was upset with his lack of participation. With training over, I seen a small group of people gathered at the edge of the field. Hinata, Kiba, Sakura, and Choji were there. They were waiting on Nagato.

But with my massive pride, I couldn't find the reason to be upset, so I ignored that and gathered up my thrown shuriken and kunai and restored them to their bag on my hip. Nagato cast a small glance in my direction before looping his arm through Hinata's and moving on.

I couldn't help but wonder why Hinata was now so special.

I arrived home ten minutes later, taking my time winding through the deserted streets of Konoha. I closed the door to my home, locking it and pulling my sandals off. I stepped up and pulled myself up the stairs. I found myself curled up on my bed in self pity for thirty I minutes until a knock at my window had me springing up. Grabbing a kunai, I pulled the curtains aside and was met by a familiar face. "Iruka-sensei?"

"Hey, Konan," he grinned, his voice muffled by the layer of glass. I instantly pulled the glass back, moving aside for him to come in. He hopped in, smiling widely. "Mistake number one, don't let a stranger in unless they can prove their identity."

I frowned and began with "wha-?" It clicked when Iruka's image vanished with a cloud of smoke. I coughed at the smoke, picking up my kunai and quickly throwing it into the cloud. I heard a clang of metal and felt a heavy force as I was pushed to the ground.

"Tut, tut," I heard a strange voice scold me, kunai at my throat. "How can I teach you if you can't even use logic?"

The kunai at my throat was released and dropped to the ground. I jumped to my feet quickly, the smoke fading and I saw my attacker. The first thing I noticed was his dark, blue tinted hair. It was just shades darker than my own.