Nagato

I woke up the next morning to the sound of pots.

Who was cooking in my home? Nobody cooked here besides me. "Kona-chan," I heard Ameonna call from another room.

"I'm up," I yelled back, partially truthful.

"Then come down here," she told me, "I have something for you."

I sat up and yawned. It was too early for this, but I knew I'd be wide awake in an hour or so. I walked downstairs where I heard movement and guessed it was Ameonna. I found myself staring into my kitchen. Ameonna was cooking. I had never seen Ameonna cook before.

"What are you doing?"

She turned around, apron wrapped around her waist, "cooking."

I raised a brow at her, "I've never seen you cook before in my life."

"Well I do know how to."

I shrugged and sat down, letting her serve me rice balls. I took one, saying thanks and taking a bite. It tasted heavenly. I began to wonder how she knew how to cook but decided it wasn't worth to think so much about.

About an hour later I was ready to go to school. I let Ameonna walk with us to school today. She laughed and danced in the rain she created, being out closer to the atmosphere. No one was really sure why whenever she was out of the seal she created rain, but she just did. It was a supernatural thing and I didn't even bother trying to understand why. When we got to school, I did the hand signs to seal her back and the rain stopped instantly.

I sat down next to Ino and Sakura in the front table and awaited our studies today. Sasuke walked in, last as always, and then Iruka with a strange boy. There were whispers and murmurs through the room and the boy looked embarrassed. I felt bad for him already.

He was small, very skinny. He also had a dark, but deep red hair, a color I hadn't ever seen before. "Everyone," Iruka announced, "this is Nagato Uzumaki, please welcome him into the class."

The class laughed a little as he seemed to hide himself behind Iruka. This angered him, his face contorting as he moved out from behind Iruka and yelled, "don't laugh at me! I'm going to become Hokage! Then you'll all have to accept me!"

The class burst out into more laughs, Ino and Sakura beside me were laughing the loudest, I couldn't help but be angered also. The boy looked defeated.

"As if!" Ino shrieked with laughter, "the Hokage is the bravest, wisest, and most powerful ninja of the village!"

"Yeah, you can't even stand infront of the class without hiding behind Iruka-sensei!" Kiba shouted.

"Stop!" I found myself standing up quickly and yelling. The room was quiet, all eyes on me. I felt the movements and the chakra slip out easily. Gasps around the room made me wonder why they were gasping until I realized what I was doing.

I looked down at my hands and noticed I had folded a paper rose.

"I believe you will make a great Hokage, Nagato," I said aloud, "and maybe you can lead this nation into peace." I walked carefully up to him, holding out the rose I had folded. He took it, so gently as if it might shatter.

I looked back at the class and said nothing, sitting back at my seat in silence. Iruka finally regained his voice and spoke, "thank you, Konan and Nagato, and I will remind you all that it is good to have a goal in life."

A goal? I didn't think I had one yet. I had no interest in become Hokage. I'd let Nagato have that position.

A/N: wahh.... My iPad deleted this chapter so I had to rewrite it and I shortened it majorly...