And One Must Face the Reality of War

Heyo! If you haven't noticed, this chapter is in third person, not first. That's because I've spent the past three days rewriting and editing every chapter of the book so far to be in third person, as well as adding new headcanon changes and some foreshadowing, I highly recommend you go through and reread the edited chapters if you haven't already they're amazing.

June 17, 1775

England's day started with cannon fire.

The ships in the harbor were attacking rebel fortification in Charlestown, just across the Charles River. The Colonies and his rebels had set up fortifications on two hills, meaning that someone had tipped the rebels off to England's plans.

England was furious. He was already under a lot of pressure from his son to break the siege of Boston and end the uprising. Not to mention the mocking letter England got from Wales, making fun of how he fled from The Colonies' rebels. Wales mocked England, blaming the loss on England's great mistake from 1536—when England accidentally almost killed himself, permanently weakening him.

Wales neglected to mention it weakened him too, but then again, with the dragon traits the faux-countryhuman gained from the Glyndŵr rebellion, perhaps the dragon-lion chimera saw himself as stronger than his English counterpart.

Now, he had this to worry about.

England was furious and swore to himself that he was going to take his grandson, drag him back home, and throw him at Britain's feet to face the punishment he deserved. England knew his son would show The Colonies more mercy than England and just beat the colony. England knew that the beating would keep the Colonies docile until their unfounded rage subsided enough for them to see the error of this rebellion.

Normandy used it to help him see how misguided he was, although England would admit his mother was much less harsh than Britain. Still, you could not deny the results. The colonies fell in line, even Scotland's brat and her brood, and that's all that matters.

Still, that wasn't important; instead, what was important was dealing with the threat outside of Charlestown, hopefully capturing The Colonies and demoralizing the stupid rebellion.

General Gage had ordered troops together at mid-morning, and now, at midday, the first ship carrying soldiers, England included. As the troops began to assemble, England kept an eye on Breed's Hill, where the rebel fortifications were, looking for any sign of his grandson.

Unfortunately, The Colonies was nowhere in sight, leaving England curious about what the colony was doing.

"England?" General Howe asked from behind him. England turned, his eyebrow raised, "Are you sure you won't join the feint? It would be a lot more believable if you did."

General Howe's plan was smart. One force would advance on the redoubt as a feint. A second would march to the right through an open pasture and flank, surround, and crush the resistance inside the redoubt. Unfortunately, the general wanted to send England as a distraction despite his years of experience in combat.

England sighed, "For the last time, General, I will go with the main force. If Colonies is there, I must ensure he gets captured and returned to his father."

General Howe nodded, his face stoney. "I trust your judgment. You have my permission to go with the main force."

England almost snorted in amusement. Permission. How quaint of this human to think he could give England such a thing. England was eight-hundred forty-seven years old and had been at war for much of his life. He knew where he would fight, and he knew he would fight and not be some feint to trick a bunch of rebels and a rebelling colony who really shouldn't be thinking for himself.