Day 1 - All Trussed Up And Nowhere To Go (Ace x Reader)

There Ace sat, arms hanging from the wall and bounded by sea prism chains. The shadows wrapped around him, hugging him as if they were vines. The floor beneath him was cold, sending chills of death through his body. All the while Ace couldn't help but reflect on how he failed...

Ace promised you he'd make Blackbeard pay for what he did. He promised to return safely back to Pop's ship.

He promised...

He broke that promise...

He lost against Blackbeard, and ended up getting captured and thrown into impel down.

Visions of your distressed face when you heard of his capture flashed in Ace's mind. He could see you crying, the picture haunted his every waking moment, it keeps him up in the middle of the night.

No amount of torment the guards throw at Ace could be worse than the thought of your tears. The chains pulled at his heart every time he thought of it. Anger boiled inside of him to the point he could feel himself being burned. Sorrow drowned and suffocated him more than the sea ever could even attempt to. The emotions he felt stung his nerves, making him cry in agony as his mind continue to whisper in his ear that this is all his fault for failing, failing to keep his promise to you.

He was bound to his own mental prison.