6. wildest dreams

"You almost ran the red cause you were looking over at me

Wind in my hair, I was there

I remember it all too well"

--
C H A P T E R S I X
wildest dreams
--

"I'm gonna walk through the park to get home, I'll walk with you until we get there, if you want?" Bucky offered as they both left the diner together.

"Yeah." Goldie smiled up at him, "Sure."

Bucky and Goldie walked in the direction of the park together, the longer they were walking, the closer Bucky edged towards Goldie, every so often his fingertips accidentally brushing against hers, sending hot shivers down his spine.

"Hey, Goldie, is that you?"

Bucky turned his head around at the voice coming from behind them, but Goldie kept her head in the direction she was walking.

"Just keep walking." Goldie said quietly, pulling on Buckys arm so that he would keep walking.

"Who is that?" Bucky asked, trying to stay polite.

"It... It doesn't matter, let's just keep walking, okay?"

Buckys face fell, "That's him, it's him isn't it?"

"Yeah, it's him, but please don't... Make a scene."

Bucky turned his head back to look at the man still walking in their direction quickly, but done as Goldie asked and didn't ask anything.

"Aurelia, I know you heard me." Grant said sternly, fastening his pace to try and catch up with Bucky and Goldie.

Goldie let out a sigh and stopped dead in her tracks, swiftly spinning around to meet Grants gaze.

"Please don't call me that."

She hated being called her given name. It's what her mom used to call her, and her father, well, he rarely referred to her at all.

"Goldie c'mon, I wanna talk with you for a minute." Grant begged.

"No, Grant. Leave me alone, please." Goldie pleaded.

Grant took forward and took hold of her arm which was already littered with bruises, in the same place her father often grabbed her. Goldie flinched and tried to take a step back, but Grants grip was too strong for her fragile arms.

Bucky noticed this, and despite Goldies wishes he knew he had to step in.

"Hey, asshole." He ripped his arm off of her, Grant stumbled backwards, "She said back off."

Grant gave Bucky an ice cold glare and Goldies eyes widened as she watched Grant clench his fists.

"Come on, Bucky. Let's just go." Goldie asked.

Bucky complied and placed his hand on the small of Goldies back, leading her away from Grant, sending a glare of his own to Grant before completely taking his eyes off of him.

"I knew you were hanging about with Rogers these days, but Barnes? Really?" Grant called from behind them, "What would your parents say?"

Bucky still had his hand on Goldies back and felt her whole body tense up at the mention of her parents. He didn't know anything about them, but he realised by now that it was a sensitive subject.

"Just keep going, Golds, he's just trying to get in your head." Bucky whispered. "Let's get out of this town, head out of the city, away from the crowds, it will make you feel better."