Unleashed - 1

Having Cora back was amazing. When she woke up, there was a lot of crying, hugging, laughing and cursing. She was healing from the 3 months she was denied the full moon. Boyd went back to his family, they were so happy to have him back. I was glad to have him back as well. We had to lead Stilinski to the bank, so he could find Erica's body. The school had a memorial for her, flowers and notes by her locker and everything. 

Now back at school I'm surprised I hadn't been given detention since I skipped almost the entire first week. "Pace yourselves!" Coach yelled at all of us. We were in the preserve for Gym, doing some running. "Come on!" I tensed when I felt the presence of two werewolves. I turned and saw the twins Lydia must have been talking about. Ethan and Aiden. They were alphas. The alphas that took Boyd and Erica, the ones I passed in the courtyard at school last week.

Isaac felt it as well from beside me. He was mad. Crap. I stood and pulled him back by the shoulder. "Isaac." I warned sternly. If he wanted to do what I think he wanted to do then we're screwed.

"It's them!" he shrugged me off and ran after them. I hiss and stomp my foot on the ground. Why doesn't he ever listen to me?! "Isaac, wait!" I whirled around to find Scott, his eyes were wide in shock. When Coach blew his whistle and the class commenced running down the trail Scott and I took off in the opposite direction after Isaac. He is insane I swear. Running after two alphas on his own! 

When Scott and I caught up to them they were pinning Isaac down. "How many bones are there in the human body?" The straight one, Aiden asked his twin.

"I don't know. Let's count!" I rushed in and punched Ethan away, breaking his jaw. Aiden growled. I shook my wrist as Scott came beside me. "That's one. Wanna do the other 200?"

They let Isaac go and we all drew our claws out, growling and circling each other. Before we could brawl a girl screamed. We were drawn back to the class, who seemed to have found a dead body. A guy around our age tied to a tree with what smelled like a dog leash. He looked strangely familiar. The face Scott made meant he knew him, oh. He must have been the kid he was talking about this morning.

Another sacrifice.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Hey, get out of the way! Get back!" Stilinski ordered our class as he and his deputy rushed to the body. He turned to his deputy. "Get this area cordoned off before they trample every piece of evidence."

The deputy motioned for us to move back. "Back up! Everyone back!" Everyone backed up- more or less. The entire class had already been giving guesses as to what happened, and had already called and texted almost the entire school. 

Stilinski looked to coach. "Coach, can you give us a hand, here?"

"You heard the man! Nothing to see here!" Coach told us. "Probably just some homeless kid."

"Coach?" Scott called out. "Yeah?"

"He was a senior."

"Oh." Coach muttered and covered his mouth while I covered my face. God poor kid. I knew he looked familiar, mom must have thought him when we were freshmen and he was a sophomore. Oh Kyle. "He wasn't on the team, was he?" No, I don't think so.

A blonde girl from the senior class came running up, screaming the boy's name. The scene was honestly heartbreaking. She was pulled back by Stilinski who tried calming her down.

"You see the way the twins looked at him?" Isaac asked as we began to walk away from the crowd that had formed. 

I scoff, zipping my sweater. "Yeah, you mean like they had no idea what happened?"

Isaac shook his head. "No. No, they knew." I shook my head, I hate them just as much as he does, but they did not know anything about this. He clearly didn't see the look they shared. 

"The kid was strangled with a garrote, all right?" Stiles said. "Am I the only one recognizing the lack of Werewolf-itude in these murders?"

Isaac stopped walking and faced him. "Oh, you think it's a coincidence they turn up and then people start dying?" Well no I don't but I also don't think it was them. I nudge Scott in the arm, motioning behind us with my head. I knew Stiles and Isaac would start arguing and we'd be forced to pick sides. We tried sneaking away but they quickly caught us. 

"Scott?" Stiles said, hands on his hips as Isaac did the same. "Isabelle?" Scott and I looked between the two. "Huh?"

"How 'bout you?"

Scott and I exchanged looks that read 'what do we do?' And 'what is happening?' We both shrug. "We don't know yet."

Stiles stared at us incredulously. "You don't know yet???"

Scott looked at Stiles while pointing to Isaac. "Well, he's got a point. Seriously, dude? Human sacrifices?

"Scott, your eyes turn into yellow glow-sticks, okay?" Stiles rambled. "Hair literally grows from your cheeks and then will immediately disappear, and if I were to stab you right now, it would just magically heal, but you're telling me that you're having trouble grasping human sacrifices???"

I turn to Isaac. "That's a good point, too." I mean it was, I mean this is Beacon Hills, something like human sacrifices isn't such a far stretch. 

"I don't care." Isaac said, he was determined. I sighed and scratched my head. "Look it is weird that when they showed up the killings started but I don't think it's them. There has to be some other explanation."

Isaac fumed at my words. "They killed that kid. They killed the girl that saved me. I'm gonna kill them, too."

I sighed as Isaac stormed off. No one ever likes listening to reason, like at all. "Okay I am done here." I looked at the boys. "I don't have time to deal with this. My cousin just came back from the dead so I will go see her."