Fireflies - 1

Scott and I walked through the woods, trying to follow Boyds scent. After Derek and I found Erica, we took to following Boyd and Cora before they killed someone or killed themselves. My ears perked up when I heard a thud and then screaming. 

Scott and I ran after the voices, stopping by a bush to see what was in front of us. We saw Boyd in front of two little kids. Crap. The kids seemed to have a jar of fireflies that had rolled under Boyd, the fireflies flew out and swarmed over Boyd who roared and clawed at them. Scott and I rushed in while he was distracted. I grabbed the girl while he grabbed the boy and we ran.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"You lost them?" Derek scolded me over the phone. I nod as the girl clung to my arm. "Yeah, we kind of had to."

"Wasn't exactly the plan."

I sighed, looking at Scott. "I know we decided to split up to cover more ground but they're too strong, too fast, and way too angry for one person to handle. We've got to do this together."

"Look, I'm at the trails by the entrance to the preserve. Can you meet me here?"

I nod, looking down at the kids. "Yeah. Just got to drop something off first."
I cut the call and crouched in front of the kids. I really had no idea how to explain any of this. How do you explain to two kids what they just saw? 

"I need you to listen to me." I took their hands, taking a breath as I got ready to somehow come up with a story. Luckily after almost years of lying to Stiles and Scott about myself and the full moon I had something. "The boy with yellow eyes, he's our friend." Now lets see if they believe this. 

"But he's sick, that's why he's acting nuts." Scott nodded and crouched down as well, seeing where I was going with the story. "We need you not to tell anyone about him. We're worried they'll take him away."

I nod. "We're going to help him get better, but if bad people find him he could die. Do you understand us?"

The kids nodded. "We won't tell." I smiled.  Still got it. "Thank you."

Scott and I dropped the kids off at their parents house, double checking to make sure they wouldn't tell anyone what they saw. After that we met Derek by the trails at the entrance, finding him doing some tracking. 

"Is it them?" Scott asked as Derek tracked a pair of footprints. "We're not the only ones that decided to stick together." Great, so they're together. That'll make trapping them even worse. 

"Is that gonna make it easier or harder to catch them?" Scott questioned. I shrugged, I think it just depended on them. "Probably." 

"Derek-" Scott began. "We saw Boyd try to rip two little kids apart. Are they gonna do that to everyone that they find?"

Derek nodded. "Everyone and anyone."

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

We had called Isaac to come help us. My parents arrived as well. They had been trailing the alphas, but came as soon as we called them and told them what we found, who we found. When we found Cora it was in a campsite clearing, Isaac had beaten us there and he had already been beaten. 

I ran at Cora, she swung her arms but I didn't give her a chance. I jumped, using the boost to kick her down. Scott and Derek came into the clearing.
Isaac stood and we all circled her, I stood by Derek, face shifted. Cora roared at us and we roared back. She ran and we followed after her.

 •─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Are you sure?" I questioned Stiles after what he told me. He, well Lydia, had found a dead body by the public pool that looked like it had been attacked by a werewolf. It didn't make any sense. Even for us werewolves we don't move that fast.